Will McDavid lead the NHL in Points this season?

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
He's got a good shot at it. But seeing how great Sid looks, it's an open race. McDavid is one of the biggest frontrunners for sure.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
He's got a good shot at it. But seeing how great Sid looks, it's an open race. McDavid is one of the biggest frontrunners for sure.

If he plays 82 games, I think he will! He skates so fast and drives to the net that I hope he doesn't get injured! Big Habs fan here but hoping for good things for all Canadian teams. Oilers and Habs for the cup? haha

GREMLIN

Tanking enthusiast
Sep 19, 2013
Easy no for me, until I see him play a full season my money is on Sid, Kane and co.

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
If he plays 82 games, I think he will! He skates so fast and drives to the net that I hope he doesn't get injured! Big Habs fan here but hoping for good things for all Canadian teams. Oilers and Habs for the cup? haha

If he stays healthy, he's probably the biggest favorite for it. Honestly, the only guy I see challenging him is Crosby. I'm rooting for McDavid to win the Art Ross, since he's one of my favorite players and I love his dynamic skating and how he challenges the D on constant basis. But you are right, his style has it's own risks as we saw last season.

Good luck for Habs and Oilers from Finland!

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Definitely. Not a doubt in my mind

doorbag

Jun 26, 2008
I think it's definitely possible if he stays healthy this year. It seems like he is getting better every time he steps onto the ice and is already producing at over ppg.

Mpasta

Oct 6, 2008
Easy no for me, until I see him play a full season my money is on Sid, Kane and co.

Curious how it's an easy no for you? Just watching him play in his short time in the NHL shows that he's more than capable of doing it this year.

xxxx

Sep 20, 2012
It would be amazing if it was a race between McDavid and Crosby, and I believe it will be. Better question is what if, what if McDavid wins the Art Ross, the Oilers make the playoffs, and he wins one of Hart/Lindsay too? Would that be a better start than Crosby had? In my opinion that would be spectacular.

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
He's been my pick for the Art Ross since Edmonton signed Lucic, so I'll go ahead and say yes.

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
IF HEALTHY yes 100% he will imo. Just imagine if the Oil had a decent power play, man he'd put up even better numbers.

For better perspective. 58% of Girouxs point are power play points, while only 25% of McDavids are.

skillhockey

Feb 26, 2013
This will be his first full season(i hope). Unless he has big lead after first half, i don't see him winning it. Someone with experience will finish strong.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad