Player Discussion Will Lockwood

Catamarca Livin

Jul 29, 2010
There is no concern about him being picked in expansion draft. He is a minor asset. We will lose a player so if we lose a poorer player than the rest of league we actually benefit relatively to the rest of the league. Well except that expansion team was in our division and are better than us. Hope Seattle is not the same.

Reactions: Megaterio Llamas

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Yeah. Utics isnt developing NHL talent at the moment.
Better off playing another year of NCAA hockey in every way.

He's going to have to play in Utica at some point - don't think another year at college is going to do much. He needs to turn pro so we know what we have in this player.

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
Lockwood just might very well be a dark horse prospect for us. He seemed to doing quite well for us a few years ago and then had an injury......and so he fell off the pundits radar a bit. This guy looks like he might turn into something though.

Askel

By the way Benning should be fired.
Apr 19, 2004
Malmö/Vancouver
I don't see him as an impact player, but its good to see that he is having such a strong year after 2 shoulder surgeries. This year takes him back to being a real NHL prospect. Upside is maybe Hansen, as speedy 2 -way forward who will give you about 15-20 goals. Those are the type of players you win with BTW,

BerSTUzzi

Jan 24, 2006
Kamloops
Glad he is back on track after the surgeries. Lots of people forget that he was one of the most noticeable players for the US WJC in 2017 before his injury. Another Roussel type effort with decent skill player is needed in this franchise.

The Vasili Jerry

Serenity now!
Jun 11, 2011
Orange County
There’s a lot of skill there. I think his problem is going to be staying healthy; he just tries to hit everything all the time. It’s something that the Canucks need but with the way Canucks players are constantly injured, he might just add to that list.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Jeff Paterson reporting on TSN that from his vantage point watching the last Michigan game, Lockwood was a lot more impressive than Hughes. The Canucks are absolutely starved for goal-scoring wingers.

Maybe they should bring guys in for the last 10 games of the season to see what they do together.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
I hope the Canucks sign Lockwood to an ELC that begins next season and Lockwood signs an ATO with Comets.

CanucksSTM

Mar 8, 2018
I wonder what the Canucks goal is for him.. Adding Quinn and him at the same time has obvious perks but the negatives might outweight them. Does anybody know if he's committed to another year in Michigan ?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad