GDT: Will Lightning Strike Twice...? 4PM @TB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theridion

May 11, 2002
Orange, CA
Just like last year? We don't play this team well. They've looked fine the last three games.

You can't possibly being using last year's succeses/struggles as predictors or excuses for this team.

A team loses most of its games and plays like crap most periods of most games for 1/4 a season... and TODAY you think it's ok because they happened to lose against this team last year?

I don't get it.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
You can't possibly being using last year's succeses/struggles as predictors or excuses for this team.

A team loses most of its games and plays like crap most periods of most games for 1/4 a season... and TODAY you think it's ok because they happened to lose against this team last year?

I don't get it.

They've looked fine the last three games. Bringing up 6-0 like it means anything. Last year's team, which was FAR superior to this year's version, lost 4-1 and 5-3, and the games weren't as close as the scores. This game is NOT indicative of how the team has been playing over the last week, and I'm calling people out on their ******** for saying this game is indicative of anything other than this team not playing Tampa well.

Last edited:

Theridion

May 11, 2002
Orange, CA
They've looked fine the last three games. Bringing up 6-0 like it means anything. Last year's team, which was FAR superior to this year's version, lost 4-1 and 5-3, and the games weren't as close as the scores. This game is NOT indicative of how the team has been playing over the last week, and I'm calling people out on their ******** for saying this game is indicative of anything other than this team not playing Tampa well.

That's silly. The Ducks also had a bad game in Dallas last year. That doesn't excuse a bad game in Dallas this year as being any form of indicator.

I guess if you are REALLY trying to be optimistic... you can start ignoring or throwing out data.

However, you can't just claim some rock paper scissor superiority or some sort of destiny that warrants performance indicators in this game be ignored because of an inevitable conclusion.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
That's silly. The Ducks also had a bad game in Dallas last year. That doesn't excuse a bad game in Dallas this year as being any form of indicator.

I guess if you are REALLY trying to be optimistic... you can start ignoring or throwing out data.

However, you can't just claim some rock paper scissor superiority or some sort of destiny that warrants performance indicators in this game be ignored because of an inevitable conclusion.

With Tampa it's not just one bad game, so yes it is a pretty good indicator of an isolated problem. They consistently play very well against the Ducks. Anaheim has zero wins in regulation against Tampa in their last 10 games if tonight holds up.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA

If you want to say they're playing badly THIS game, knock yourself out. I'd argue it's a couple bad breakdowns with a depleted D and some bad bounces offensively, but I'm certainly not saying they're playing well. Certain teams don't play certain other teams well, that's always been the case.

The point I'm making is that this game isn't the sudden validation that the team is indeed total crap that people are trying to make it out to be. The last three games are also data, and are more relevant than the first 10 games at this point, and you seem to be totally fine throwing it out. Don't make hypocritical arguments.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Ritchie needs to be put on the top line just so there's an agitator there again.

And Perry needs to be sat for a week and put into a fitness program. His conditioning is crap. I'm choosing to believe it's that vs a complete lack of effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad