• He’s done

Votes: 70 51.5%

• Total voters

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
If Landy comes back, I hope it's because he feels ready to come back and not for some obligation to the franchise. Personally, I think he's done, and will move into some form of management with the team.
He will definitely try to come back, no matter what. That guy will never give up. It's Landy. The Captain.

But will it succeed? I have my doubts..

Is there any history on these long injuries? Who came back after two seasons break for example? Lemieux came back after retiring no?(looks like he was out for three seasons, wow!) Jordan retired and played baseball but of course didn't have injuries. Selanne said he was very lucky to have one whole season off because the knee injury. Lockout was perfect for him .
Forsberg was out for a long time too.
Anyone else?

Reactions: ASmileyFace

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
If Landy makes a comeback he will probably play much worse than before. If that's the case, it would be better for the Avs that he just retired so they can bury the cap hit.

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
Yeah I just don't see it Landy anymore. He'll lace em up but if we see him in 10 more games, I consider that a W. Sucks.

AvsFan2123

Jan 21, 2014
Illinois
I can’t exactly remember when Landy’s surgery was and the expected recovery time. So let me ask do we think there’s any chance he comes back during the playoffs? I realize the Landy that we get will most likely be a different one but I’d take him over Ben Meyers who hasn’t missed 2 years. Also coming back just for playoffs will be risky given the physical nature of them. But just need to ask the question for my mental prep lol

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I can’t exactly remember when Landy’s surgery was and the expected recovery time. So let me ask do we think there’s any chance he comes back during the playoffs? I realize the Landy that we get will most likely be a different one but I’d take him over Ben Meyers who hasn’t missed 2 years. Also coming back just for playoffs will be risky given the physical nature of them. But just need to ask the question for my mental prep lol
The realistic chances are likely low. Depending on the sport it is somewhere between an 8-18 month recovery time. IIRC it was quoted as 12 for Landy.

They were very specific in all the quotes and press conference though. Landy is out for the regular season. The goal is back for the playoffs. Remains to be seen if that will be the case.

Reactions: AvsFan2123

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
They were very specific in all the quotes and press conference though. Landy is out for the regular season. The goal is back for the playoffs. Remains to be seen if that will be the case.
Is it? I didn't hear that.

Pretty sure the only goal right now is be able to play again one day.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Is it? I didn't hear that.

Pretty sure the only goal right now is be able to play again one day.

The overall goal is to walk without pain… but I was talking timing. They were very specific in the timing and the wording around it. You don’t get that specific if there isn’t a goal in mind. Each LTIR situation where a player returns in the playoffs is stated just like this.

Avs9296

Jul 1, 2019
I'd also imagine Basketball is harder on the knees then ice hockey due to the nature of playing on the hard court, stopping and starting, and cutting left and right.

Not saying hockey is easy on the knees by any means, but perhaps easier than basketball.

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
The realistic chances are likely low. Depending on the sport it is somewhere between an 8-18 month recovery time. IIRC it was quoted as 12 for Landy.

I've read and heard if you choose to believe Denver media that he's going to be out all year. Playoffs included. They were tracking 18 months for recovery. I believe this was from DNVR.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
Expecting Landy to have the exact same recovery as Ball is silly. He was exceeding expectations at week 5 when he posted those workout videos to Instagram. I'd just let it play out and see what happens before writing him off for the whole season.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I've read and heard if you choose to believe Denver media that he's going to be out all year. Playoffs included. They were tracking 18 months for recovery. I believe this was from DNVR.
They are speculating off the scant few records of similar surgeries we have to base it off of. My whole basis of the statement is directly from the words of the organization and Landeskog himself. You don't make specific statements like they did unless they have a plan and goal. That doesn't mean they will meet them, but they exist.

FTR I think the odds of Landeskog coming back just for the playoffs is low. Not impossible, but there is zero chance I'd slot him on a playoff roster in ala Kucherov. If he's ready it is a bonus. I do think he's certainly back opening night 2024... level of play and length is a question there that we just won't know.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
I think some people start using the term year as meaning regular season. I agree with Hench. The Avs were very specific in saying "regular season" and not year. IMO they believe he can come back sometime in the playoffs.

Reactions: henchman21

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
The hope from both Landy and the Avs was definitely that he can come back for the playoffs.

Aside from specifically saying "regular season", he didn't start working his ass off in early summer and post pics of his rehab, with MacKinnon and others commenting, because he was hoping to come back a year and half later in 2024-25.

Ball coming back during the regular season would have been a very optimistic sign for Landy, but him missing the regular season just means he's on a similar timeline.

Whether or not either come back remains to be seen, but this Lorenzo Ball news shouldn't change anyone's view.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
If I was a betting man, I would have to say that since surgery, Gabriel Landeskog has indeed played.

With himself.

On more than one occasion.

• Haha
Reactions: Gruyeriev

xbestboybandever

Jun 24, 2015
There is no planet he comes back let alone playing out the duration of that contract. He will give it a shot a practice, but the sample size is not in his favor. It’s a bummer.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
There is no planet he comes back let alone playing out the duration of that contract. He will give it a shot a practice, but the sample size is not in his favor. It’s a bummer.
There are infinite amount of parallel universes, one has to have that outcome.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad