Will Kyle Connor be ready for the 2016-17 NHL Season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
You think he's going to play 3 more years in the NCAA?

In todays NHL environment, you'd have to be a complete moron to delay your pro career even one year. We seem to be trending towards a league wide youth movement and then you're tossed on the UFA trash heap at 30, unless of course you're fortunate enough to be a star player.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
He'll sign, let's not worry too much. The entire CCM line is taking their time with this. Biggest surprise for me is Compher not signing right away, he'd be playing right now if he signed I imagine, not sure what he's waiting for.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Wonder if he'll wait until after the Hobey Baker award is signed / delivered before announcing.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Wonder if he'll wait until after the Hobey Baker award is signed / delivered before announcing.

Hobey is announced on April 8, jets last game April 9. No time left in the season if that's what he's waiting for. If he's not signed by then he has all summer, there's no rush at that point. I think he needs to get it done this weekend if he wants to burn off year 1 of his ELC.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Connor Named College Hockey News Player Of The Year

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/news/2016/04/01_connor_named_college_hockey.php

PRINCETON, N.J. — It was perhaps the most difficult three-way decision we've had to make since College Hockey News' inception.

In the end, we've named Kyle Connor, Michigan's dynamic freshman, our College Hockey News Player of the Year. The second consecutive freshman to earn the honor, following Boston University's Jack Eichel

Evil Little

Jan 22, 2014
I wouldn't even answer his calls till the season is over and save a year on his ELC :D

Disagree. Show him as much loyalty as you can right now, when it costs you the price of a used Accord and one ELC year, but no RFA years.

SCP Guy

Jun 21, 2011
The Peg
I would rather take my chances in controlling his rights for an extra year then worry about him being a star and having to pay more a few years down the road to extend him?

I would love nothing more then having to break the bank to sign him later if he is elite :D

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
I would rather take my chances in controlling his rights for an extra year then worry about him being a star and having to pay more a few years down the road to extend him?

I would love nothing more then having to break the bank to sign him later if he is elite :D

Your rights are controlled by RFA years, which isn't impacted by burning a year in this case.

Connor would go to UFA at the same age regardless.

SCP Guy

Jun 21, 2011
The Peg
Your rights are controlled by RFA years, which isn't impacted by burning a year in this case.

Connor would go to UFA at the same age regardless.

Hmmmm didn't know that......But it would still use up one of his RFA years signing this year???

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Hmmmm didn't know that......But it would still use up one of his RFA years signing this year???

No for it to count as a free agent year he has to be on the NHL roster for 40 games or more.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Well, that wouldn't be a concern for 3 more years. Connor can't just turn pro and become a UFA - he has to wait 4 years after his draft. That's a long time to be mucking around in the NCAA when you're a first round talent...

Every year he stays in college is 1 less year in his pro career. It costs him millions$ to stay in school for 1 year.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Every year he stays in college is 1 less year in his pro career. It costs him millions$ to stay in school for 1 year.

Yea ultimately he is going to be a professional Hockey player and a good one so more time at Michigan = lost $. They all have a finite shelf life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad