Will Kyle Connor be ready for the 2016-17 NHL Season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ellismate

Jun 9, 2015
SK
Well I haven't seen him play NHL guys yet so its hard to say. I hope so but I won't be crushed if he has a hard time staying on his feet like scheif did. also an entire third line of 20 year olds might be a disaster

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Yes I think he will be. He will have his occasional struggles like Ehlers did but he will adapt and be a very good good player by season's end and an important part of our future.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
He's ready as of right now, IMO.

It's more a question of whether or not another year at Michigan would be best for his development. And considering it's Michigan/Berenson we're talking about, I'm leaning towards 'no' on that front.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
He's definitely ready for top line AHL time for sure another year at Michigan will do no better than a full year of the A. Might even do worse for his development. He's proven himself in the NCAA it's time to take it to the next level. He needs to start developing his two-way game and from what I hear Berenson isn't very good at helping players develop their two-way games.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
He's definitely ready for top line AHL time for sure another year at Michigan will do no better than a full year of the A. Might even do worse for his development. He's proven himself in the NCAA it's time to take it to the next level. He needs to start developing his two-way game and from what I hear Berenson isn't very good at helping players develop their two-way games.

For added bonus we will get to enjoy Berenson's meltdown after he signs with the Jets following his freshman year.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I'm not sure he'll be ready. I'd lean towards him spending another season at Michigan.

Say What

Building a Legacy 4/28/96 Never again!!
Jan 18, 2015
I'd be very surprised if Connor is anywhere but Michigan next fall. This kid has his head on straight (I believe he'll continue his education). I think the Jets will get a sample of his skills in the spring of 2017, similar to what Andrew Copp did.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
As usual some are getting ahead of themselves, obviously Connor has a lot better skill set than A guy like Copp (who probably shouldn't be in the NHL right now) but training camp and exhibition will show where he's at.

If he does make it out of pre-season and o to the regular roster, I'll be watching especially closely!;)

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
As usual some are getting ahead of themselves, obviously Connor has a lot better skill set than A guy like Copp (who probably shouldn't be in the NHL right now) but training camp and exhibition will show where he's at.

If he does make it out of pre-season and o to the regular roster, I'll be watching especially closely!;)

Camp might show if he's ready to handle the big boys, Exhibition will prove jack****.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
**** yeah, draft and deploy its working good for us this year!

Yep. The only prospect draft and deploy really applies to is Ehlers and he has pretty much solidified himself as a top 6 winger at 19 yo. The way Connor is ripping up the NCAA, he looks to have that kind of high end talent as well. Kids that good need to take the next step against the best.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
I hope that Cheveldayoff does to him like Detroit did to Larkin - offer a contract, but offer no illusions about his future. If he's NHL ready, let him earn it.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Voted yes. Think he'll be about as ready as Ehlers was this year. ie. would benefit from a more challenging league but will struggle for periods if put in the NHL. AHL would be ideal but if Ladd is traded I don't see that happening.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
If Ehlers was AHL eligible this past fall I would have wanted him with the Moose for a half season.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
Yep. The only prospect draft and deploy really applies to is Ehlers and he has pretty much solidified himself as a top 6 winger at 19 yo. The way Connor is ripping up the NCAA, he looks to have that kind of high end talent as well. Kids that good need to take the next step against the best.

Ehlers and Copp.

Boreal

Jun 26, 2012
Ready for the Moose! And I don't mean anything negative by that. We don't need to rush him.

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
If he puts the work in this summer, I think there is a very strong chance he cracks the lineup.
Will be paying attention to how he plays for the final third of his season with Michigan, can he maintain the pace he has set so far?

I don't think he spends next season with Michigan, Jets or starts with the Moose

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
I voted "yes."

This kind of dominance as a freshie will be too hard for both him and the Jets to ignore. He'll get a shot and he'll put goals with his ridiculous release.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad