Will Kyle Connor be ready for the 2016-17 NHL Season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gotaf7

Nov 6, 2011
Ehlers-Scheifele-Wheeler
Perreault-Little-Stafford
Dano-Lowry / Burmi - Armia
Lowry / Burmi - Copp - etc.

I don't think that's a "bad team".

Better goaltending and better special teams seem within reach.

But time will tell.

Lottery pick line up IMO.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Ehlers-Scheifele-Wheeler
Perreault-Little-Stafford
Dano-Lowry / Burmi - Armia
Lowry / Burmi - Copp - etc.

I don't think that's a "bad team".

Better goaltending and better special teams seem within reach.

But time will tell.

The only major problem I see with this roster is that it was posted in the Kyle Connor thread and it doesn't include Kyle Connor. I'd probably include Petan and put Copp as 13th. Petan has looked excellent lately.

I believe that this can be a playoff team. Like you said, goal tending and special teams will have to be better.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Why do I get the feeling that the entire CCM line will stay in Michigan? Try and win a championship together. If one leaves, they all leave.

Maybe not

http://mihockeynow.com/2016/03/tyle...cess-of-returning-to-michigan-or-turning-pro/

There are many people around Ann Arbor anxiously awaiting his decision, along with his linemates JT Compher and Kyle Connor. All three could make the jump to the professional ranks, ending the famed ‘CCM Line’ after just one season of historic scoring prowess.

Motte, however, said that the decisions of his teammates would not factor into his own.

“I don’t think so,†the NTDP alum said. “I think everyone is selfishly doing what’s best for themselves. Obviously you want to do what’s best for the team and for the university when you’re here, and I guess in the offseason now it’s time for guys to be a bit selfish and rightfully so. Everyone’s got to do what’s best for them and what’s best for their career. I don’t think you want to base yourself off someone else. You can’t go through your whole life making sure other people are with you. It doesn’t hurt either way to know what other guys are thinking… we’re all bugging each other each day and stuff like that just to know what other people are thinking and making sure you know all the information that goes into it

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Demko = goalie bias (some voters don't like goalie's for the Hobey)
Connor = freshman bias (some voters don't like to give the award to freshmen)
Vesey = played senior season (might sneak up the middle and win as a reward for playing 4 years)

BTW this is not how I would vote.

portamoral

Nov 6, 2015
Demko = goalie bias (some voters don't like goalie's for the Hobey)
Connor = freshman bias (some voters don't like to give the award to freshmen)
Vesey = played senior season (might sneak up the middle and win as a reward for playing 4 years)

BTW this is not how I would vote.
i think they'll give it to vesey too

just like how gaudreau was nominated one year then won it the next

connor deserves it though

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Given that Connor hasn't signed yet, should we be concerned if we are going to get Vesey'd? :help::dunno:

Well, that wouldn't be a concern for 3 more years. Connor can't just turn pro and become a UFA - he has to wait 4 years after his draft. That's a long time to be mucking around in the NCAA when you're a first round talent...

Puckatron 3000

Glitchy Prototype
Feb 4, 2014
Offensive Zone
I'd think Connor would be pretty into getting onto the Jets, and sooner rather than later. Young talented roster on the rise. I'd want to be in on that action in his shoes.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I'd think Connor would be pretty into getting onto the Jets, and sooner rather than later. Young talented roster on the rise. I'd want to be in on that action in his shoes.

Good point. The young Jets roster presents a very good opportunity to play up the lineup and become a key piece on team well positioned for the future.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Given that Connor hasn't signed yet, should we be concerned if we are going to get Vesey'd? :help::dunno:

Way too premature to think about that. We know by now that the two camps are talking. I'm sure that Chevy is weighing the fact of getting Connor signed to a contract vs exposing him to an expansion draft in 2018. We'll just have to see if Connor is in line with that thinking.

Evil Little

Jan 22, 2014
The impression I got from Vesey's Player's Tribune article was that he wasn't offered an ELC until after his junior season.

I suspect if Nashville had offered him a contract after his sophomore season, let alone his freshman season, Vesey'd have acted differently.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
The impression I got from Vesey's Player's Tribune article was that he wasn't offered an ELC until after his junior season.

I suspect if Nashville had offered him a contract after his sophomore season, let alone his freshman season, Vesey'd have acted differently.

A situation like Vesey is very rare. Most drafted NCAA players who complete 4 years and don't sign don't become UFA by choice. It's because the team that drafted them (or acquired their rights) loses interest in them. Basically because they haven't developed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad