NBA Will Giannis Antetokounmpo leave the Bucks in free agency?

Will Giannis leave the Bucks

• Total voters

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
Maybe naive thinking on my part but I expect he stays because he should realize that Bucks are primed to dominate weak East for next decade with him

Winning titles still matters to players right? Because staying with Buck in East is best path to achieve that IMO
Actually the Bucks are not primed to dominate the east as they do not have any really good players under the age of 26. A team like the Raptors has Siakam, Van Vleet. Anunoby and Davis all 26 and under. Those guys combined with Giannis can dominate the East.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
i hope so. want to see him with other world-class players, not that bucks dont have good players but there is none in worldclass outside of the greek freak.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
I'm certainly not going to say he's gone, but the Bucks performance so far sure doesn't work in their favor here...

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
One thing we know about NBA stars these days is they don’t like feeling that they’re on their own. So, what’s the Bucks pitch to get max-players to come there since they haven’t already?

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
Report: Heat, Raptors considered 'open secret' front-runners for Giannis

If Riley manages to sign Giannis, it’ll be way more impressive than signing Bron/Bosh. The Wade factor was huge in those signings.

I think Toronto May be the ultimate favorite, If I’m not mistaken he and Ujiri are somewhat close and he’d be joining a team with lots of young players and cap space.

I don’t see them as a bigger favorite than the Heat. IMO, the Heat have a solid core to build around him, along with a top coach, and management. His game and how hard he works at it, is the epitome of the Heat organization.

chaosrevolver

Snubbed Again
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2006
Ontario
I don’t see them as a bigger favorite than the Heat. IMO, the Heat have a solid core to build around him, along with a top coach, and management. His game and how hard he works at it, is the epitome of the Heat organization.
I think both teams fit that description but he definitely would fit in with all of Miami's shooting.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

Raptors have the same thing.....

As for working on his game... I mean the Raptors have an undrafted in VanVleet playing big minutes, later picks like OG and Siakam who had to work their rear ends off to become good players and even their bench is stocked with little known guys who have played well.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
My biggest concern is how good of a fit Siakam and Giannis are together. Both need space in the paint and don't have the most reliable 3 point shot. But maybe Nurse will be able to figure that out.

Reactions: Deficient Mode

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Still hard to predict what Giannis is thinking and he seems like a much less defiant personality than a KD or Kawhi.... not looking good for him staying in Milwaukee now, but honestly he has himself to blame for this playoff failure much more than KD or Kawhi were to blame for things going sour in OKC and San Antonio. He has not played well regardless of Bud being badly outcoached.

My biggest concern is how good of a fit Siakam and Giannis are together. Both need space in the paint and don't have the most reliable 3 point shot. But maybe Nurse will be able to figure that out.

Raptors flaw is the lack of a high level shot creator to get quality looks against elite playoff defenses that limit their transition opportunities... Giannis is being exposed for having the same flaw right now. That said Pascal's 3 point shooting is much better than Giannis's and his percentage would go up if he's taking fewer above the break shots off the dribble when he is no longer a team's primary scorer.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
Raptors have the same thing.....

As for working on his game... I mean the Raptors have an undrafted in VanVleet playing big minutes, later picks like OG and Siakam who had to work their rear ends off to become good players and even their bench is stocked with little known guys who have played well.
The Raptors dont have South Beach. Location seems to be a big draw for NBA guys.

VanVleet, Ibaka, and Gasol are all also FA as well

Last edited:

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Toronto is always going to be challenged by the American market and convincing US players to play their prime years there.

That's why it's critical that they get a shot at some of the international superstars who probably appreciate the fairly cosmopolitan nature of Toronto and don't have a hometown in the States.

Reactions: donghabs98

Maestro84

May 3, 2018
Toronto
The Raptors dont have South Beach. Location seems to be a big draw for NBA guys.

VanVleet, Ibaka, and Gasol are all also FA as well
Yeah that's a big thing in an American-dominated league like the NBA. Travelling is going to change a lot in the post-COVID world and of course Florida has low taxes and warm weathe year round - both things TO doesn't have. As a Toronto native, I can assure you Miami's night life is 100x better as well

Just gotta be aware of Florida men lurking

Last edited:

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
If he doesn't sign an extension this off-season, the Bucks should absolutely trade him, right?

Giannis to Golden State for Wiggins + 2020 1st + additional picks

Last edited:

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
I think Giannis identifies more with Nigerians than Greeks.
Perfect, they’ve got a large West African community, too. Whether food, art, music, most would agree it’s second only to NYC among NBA cities. Summertime festivals as well, assuming we ever return to some sort of normalcy.

As someone who just had a son, there’s also a lot to like about raising a child in this social climate in Canada vs the US right now.

Reactions: MsMeow

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
keep hearing everyone saying he's prob coming to Toronto.
After what fans did to Siakim because he didnt have a good series against Boston. I'd seriously consider any other team in the NBA before joining the Raptors.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
Perfect, they’ve got a large West African community, too. Whether food, art, music, most would agree it’s second only to NYC among NBA cities. Summertime festivals as well, assuming we ever return to some sort of normalcy.

As someone who just had a son, there’s also a lot to like about raising a child in this social climate in Canada vs the US right now.

First off, dont turn this into a political thing. Canada has plenty of its own issues.

Secondly, you are over analzying what NBA players are looking for. Its pretty simple, good weather, good night life, and good exposure to grow their brand. Thats why places like LA, Miami, and NY are such a big draw

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad