Will Gary Bettman get booed at the draft in Minnesota?

BobDobolina

Jan 11, 2010
NYC
This is a multi-billion dollar business so Gary does what is required of him. I don't see what the big deal is, it's a cold, greedy world out there in case someone hasn't noticed and the NHL as a business is no different.

In terms of rule changes I think he and the NHL have done a good job. A weaker man in charge during the last few years and we'd have women's rules right now.

If someone insists on booing the man, doing so at the draft is ok by me but doing so when the Cup is being presented is seriously lame.

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
They're saying Boo-urns

Brent Boo-urns.

Brent+Burns.jpg
!

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
The only place he wouldn't get boo'ed is Phoenix.

Im sure any teams in any southern city wouldnt boo him. But I do think Phoenix will at this rate with the way the NHL has handled this mess the league is in part responsible for. Especially if the team takes a a big blow to the roster this upcoming season in addition to trading away the rights of Bryz.

Defense_1st

Jun 2, 2006
Wpg,Canada
If someone insists on booing the man, doing so at the draft is ok by me but doing so when the Cup is being presented is seriously lame.

I agree, it's classless to boo when the cup is presented. But I can't believe he actually touched the cup, I thought there was a rule against that.

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
I've heard him say the booing doesn't bother him but it did bother his kids and wife at first, although they have gotten used to it. He's got thick skin and really understands that the booing has become tradition. When you make tough and unpopular decisions the backlash is expected. Stern, Goodell, and esp. Selig would also hear the boo's but rarely make those type of appearences.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
Minnesota hockey fans have discovered the joy of booing the last couple of seasons. No way Bettman escapes if we booed kids with cancer just because they were in a suite donated by Gaborik.

BobbySmithFan

Jun 17, 2011
Hollywood North
I've heard him say the booing doesn't bother him but it did bother his kids and wife at first, although they have gotten used to it. He's got thick skin and really understands that the booing has become tradition. When you make tough and unpopular decisions the backlash is expected. Stern, Goodell, and esp. Selig would also hear the boo's but rarely make those type of appearences.

WRONG.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Im sure any teams in any southern city wouldnt boo him.

He was booed at the draft in Carolina. Booed at the Cup presented in Carolina. Booed when he announced the ASG was coming to Carolina.

Pretty sure booing him is just a tradition now. Most may not know why they do it, but he's done enough to warrant it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad