Will Gary Bettman get booed at the draft in Minnesota?

PensFan1253

May 22, 2009
East Liverpool, OH
The draft is in America, no? They have plenty of idiots there, so yeah, there will be booing.

He got booed in Vancouver last week, so that kinda shoots down that theory

He gets booed in America primarily because it's a known fact he was a senior VP for David Stern and typically most American hockey fans cannot stand the NBA

zeus3007*

I'm sure Bettman gets boo'd when he walks in his front door at night...that's how hated he is.

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
I get a kick out of how he gets booed, when you look at everything he has done, among the 4 big league commissioners he is easily the best. Goodell can't keep his salary cap, Stern has been in charge of a league that had numerous games fixed by compromised officiating, and Selig is just a dinosaur. What Bettman did in 2004 took a lot of balls, and the league is far better off because of it.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Many of us have been hockey fans since before 2004...Bettman has done a lot over the years for which he deserves boos.

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
Many of us have been hockey fans since before 2004...Bettman has done a lot over the years for which he deserves boos.

I realize that as a Minnesota hockey fan you likely have an axe to grind over the North Stars leaving, however I think you are giving too much blame to Bettman on that because that team was already in the process of leaving when he took office. There really wasn't anything he could do in the weeks after he took office to stop it.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I realize that as a Minnesota hockey fan you likely have an axe to grind over the North Stars leaving, however I think you are giving too much blame to Bettman on that because that team was already in the process of leaving when he took office. There really wasn't anything he could do in the weeks after he took office to stop it.

Not true, we had a brand new state of the art arena for them to move into...which still has a larger capacity than even the X has now. The Stars had no grounds on which to say they had a reason to move.

Bettman could have forced a sale to a local buyer, which there were people wanting Norm Green to put the team on the market as they were ready to buy.

Bettman admitted himself that allowing the move to happen is his biggest regret on how he started as commissioner.

He is every bit to blame as Norm Green himself!

LeftCoast

Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver
Boo?

boo.jpg

Behn Wilson

Mar 14, 2002
Chicago, Il
Visit site
He comes off as smug and condescending and that as much as his past history is what gets him booed IMO and fans have no respect for him getting the job in the first place when he wasnt much of a hockey fan and didnt even recognize the star players at the time.

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
Not true, we had a brand new state of the art arena for them to move into...which still has a larger capacity than even the X has now. The Stars had no grounds on which to say they had a reason to move.

Bettman could have forced a sale to a local buyer, which there were people wanting Norm Green to put the team on the market as they were ready to buy.

Bettman admitted himself that allowing the move to happen is his biggest regret on how he started as commissioner.

He is every bit to blame as Norm Green himself!
Once more, the North Stars moved literally a few weeks after Bettman took over. Realistically there was not much he could do.

BoHorvatFan

Dec 13, 2009
Vancouver
He brought hockey back to Minnesota, if anything he should be given a standing ovation. But people are immature so that won't happen.

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN
I'll be there. I won't be wasting my time & energy on Bettman by booing. The guy already knows he's hated so who gives a soupy dog shat.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Pittsburgh boo'ed him during the Stanley Cup loss....

This.

I don't know why Pittsburgh stands on the pro-Bettman side in reality. All he did to help Pittsburgh was prevent the biggest fraud/dickwad/********/****tard/dick****ing******** from ever buying the team with false pretenses when there was an obvious interest in keeping the team in Pittsburgh.

That's what a commissioner is supposed to do. The league is far better off with a team in Pittsburgh than it is in Hamilton, and every owner in the league reaps those benefits. He still deserves every single bad word he gets for the way he handled the 90s.

Also Jim Balsillie needs to get hit by a meteorite. Like, now. The world is better without that ********.

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
He'll get booed when he enters the stage. However, as usual, after his "Thanks to you, Wild fans, for coming here. What great fans you are !" (Something like this), he'll be cheered.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad