Will DW See Action in the Free Market?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
2 of the biggest myths on this board IMO. He's fired if we miss the PO's and he's making decisions based on his fear of being fired. This, just when the rumors that we might be moving and we can't spend to the CAP died too. Oh, well...

Yea. I think he should've been fired at some point previously but he's probably locked into his job.

Irie

Nov 14, 2010
Pacific Northwest
Beauchemin is a bottom/2nd pairing player looking for 5M. Him and Belesky would be who I would avoid.

The interesting thing about Beauchemin is that he will be a 35+ contract. Not sure the amount of term he will be looking for, but i think a lot of teams may pass on him due to the risk with that type of contract.

In the end though, I could see some desperate GM will probably give him 4x5.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Yea. I think he should've been fired at some point previously but he's probably locked into his job.

For better or worse. I'm not a DW detractor as I think his job isn't easy or as black and white as some think. He has his flaws and blindspots that irritate me but I think until he Milbury's the team, his job is safe. He flirted with it last offseason.

SactoShark

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
May 1, 2009
Sacramento

I don't agree at all with last offseason's moves and the overall approach to the 14-15 season, but Doug has done almost everything he said he was going to do. And he cleared that plan with ownership before executing. Despite what media and fans seem to think, that is a pretty clear demonstration of job security.

sharski

Jun 4, 2012
well, per bob mckenzie, DW was going hard after Paul Martin but is no longer a contender

plan B?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad