Will Crosby win a selke before his career is done?

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
1. Could Crosby deserve one? Maybe.

It's easier to play defense than offense. Crosby is the best in the world. As he grows old, maybe as he gets a bit slower he won't be able to perform offensively as much, and will concentrate on mastering the defensive game a bit more (like yzerman did). He certainly has the talent to do so - and if he does, he could definitely be in the running, and eventually win one. It should be easier for someone like Crosby to excel defensively than it is to do so offensively.

2. Will Crosby win one, whether he deserves or not? Again, maybe.

If Crosby is having an all-time great offensive season, while also being one of the best defensive players (ie - let's say this coming year he scores 120 points, and most agree he's the 4th-5th best defensive forward in the league) - it might be enough to garner the votes necessary to win.

So - it's possible.

nmbr_24

Jun 8, 2003
Visit site
So far Crosby doesn't deserve to be in the same company as Bergeron, Kopitar, or Toews. Could he be? I don't know but he would have to work on his game and he would have to play in all defensive situations so it would also take his coach using him that way which I don't see as the best way to use him.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Damn you think he could at least kept skating and back checked to help out his D and goalie instead of coasting back.

Always thought Crosby of being average defensively.

I really assume most of this board hasn't played hockey/doesn't understand hockey when I see comments like these. Crosby played that correctly, he was covering the rebound and letting Malkin handle the Sharks forward. Malkin got beat and then Zatkoff let in a bad goal. Crosby is the last guy in that clip to blame on that play.

teravaineSAROS

Jul 29, 2015
I really assume most of this board hasn't played hockey/doesn't understand hockey when I see comments like these. Crosby played that correctly, he was covering the rebound and letting Malkin handle the Sharks forward. Malkin got beat and then Zatkoff let in a bad goal. Crosby is the last guy in that clip to blame on that play.

Them thinking Crosby should've ran after him like a headless chicken like he had EASports NHL 17 stamina, instead of efficiently following the play and positioning himself is also a reason to why they're not in the NHL :laugh:

Ozz

Oct 25, 2009
Hockeytown

Even people who DO play often have no idea :cry:

I play with a few guys who would blame me in the same exact situation (have done it and will continue to do it). Sid's/my fault for not catching up to the 1-on-1 play and knocking the guy over for him :shakehead

Tom Collins

Aug 26, 2013

I play with a few guys who would blame me in the same exact situation (have done it and will continue to do it). Sid's/my fault for not catching up to the 1-on-1 play and knocking the guy over for him :shakehead

Right? But if he doubled-up and the rebound came out to another Shark...

Old Gregg

I'm Old Gregg!!
Apr 13, 2010

It's a lose lose. If you don't backcheck harder it's your fault for not helping the d out. But if you do backcheck hard and he gets a shot off where the rebound pops out to where you should have been and someone comes in and scores...you will still get blamed

Beville

#ForTheBoys
Mar 4, 2011
Engerlanddd!
Doubt it, at least for the moment.

His offensive game is strong enough that, he can get away without being a Bergeron.

Once his play dips, like previously mentioned, he can easily be a high scoring defensive forward.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad