Speculation: Will Bylsma have the balls to bench Scuderi?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PensPlz

Dec 23, 2009
Pittsburgh
You'd think Scuderi would of thrived over the last few games, playing how the Pens are playing, but nope. Fluery should piss in Scuderi's lemonade for costing him a third straight shutout.

And if this isn't proof that Shero and Byslma have eachother's backs, then nothing is.

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011
At the very least he's proven he has the potential. Realizing that potential for longer than a handful of games is a completely different story.

I believe KIRK's point was that we can now get a legit winger for Sid or Geno with Sutter as the center-piece of a deal. Which I agree with. Not a Parise or a Kane, but a legit top 6 winger.

wgknestrick

Aug 14, 2012
I believe KIRK's point was that we can now get a legit winger for Sid or Geno with Sutter as the center-piece of a deal. Which I agree with. Not a Parise or a Kane, but a legit top 6 winger.

Sutter is more valuable to this team than a top 6 winger he would return. I would be trading one of our young D for a winger, not bottom 6 center. We still have too many D men in the org.

If we can get Goc to sign on, then it might make it easier to trade him. Sutter is a very good fit here IMO. He just needs decent wings (that aren't named Tanner Glass or Craig Adams, or Pyatt).

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011
Sutter is more valuable to this team than a top 6 winger he would return. I would be trading one of our young D for a winger, not bottom 6 center. We still have too many D men in the org.

If we can get Goc to sign on, then it might make it easier to trade him. Sutter is a very good fit here IMO. He just needs decent wings (that aren't named Tanner Glass or Craig Adams, or Pyatt).

Agree 100%. This Geno/Crosby thing is great in our current situation, but you're just making it easier for Boston to load up Chara and Bergeron against them. New York doesn't have a premier defensive center, but many cup contenders do.

I like this team better with depth than as a two line team. Assuming depth doesn't mean playing Tanner Glass with Malkin.

JQR

Clearly it's Lovejoy
Jan 25, 2012

The problem is that Sutter is making a case for being a legit 2C. If he succeeds in doing that, he will price himself out of what Pittsburgh wants to pay. I don't think anyone would turn him away if he was willing to accept 3C pay, but the chances of that happening are getting less and less as he continues to play well.

Fire Shero*

Do you really think other teams will suddenly be convinced that he is a #2 center based off of 10 or so games against Columbus and New York? If he keeps it up in the next round, maybe. But I don't think people change their viewpoints on someone based off of 10 games.

JQR

Clearly it's Lovejoy
Jan 25, 2012
Do you really think other teams will suddenly be convinced that he is a #2 center based off of 10 or so games against Columbus and New York? If he keeps it up in the next round, maybe. But I don't think people change their viewpoints on someone based off of 10 games.

He was a 2C in Carolina too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad