Speculation: Will Brady Tkachuk sign with Ottawa?

Will Tkachuk eventually sign with Ottawa?

• Total voters

masasa

Oct 10, 2016
With Duchene, Stone and Karlsson all UFA next year and most likely leaving the sinking ship, what motivation will Brady have to spend his career in a terrible team?

Option is to get an education and choose the best team to win the Stanley Cup with. He might also want to play with his brother.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Wheeler's the last top 5 pick who didn't sign with his team right?

Even for 1st rounders, only Bleackley in this decade is the only one who didn't sign an ELC

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
Yes he'll sign. He's not going to go back to college for four years and become a UFA when he could be done his ELC by then instead. He's leaving millions and millions of dollars on the table in that case. The team will suck, but they'll be in a full rebuild and he'll get a ton of opportunities to earn some big fat contracts.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I think he refuses to sign so the Sens trade him two seasons from now. Then Brady signs with wherever he gets traded to.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
His agent family advisor will most likely tell him to stay in college for a year. Tkachuk won't benefit short or long term from rushing into what looks to be a rough season for Sens. He might be borderline NHL ready, but he'll be more NHL ready in a year.

It's highly unlikely he'll spend four years in the NCAA to be a UFA. He'll only hurt his earning potential that way and no team stinks forever.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
His agent family advisor will most likely tell him to stay in college. Tkachuk won't benefit short or long term from rushing into what looks to be a rough season for Sens. He might be borderline NHL ready, but he'll be more NHL ready in a year.

XD

Seriously, fox is a prick. Anyway, being on a terrible team with likely mean he plays in the top 6 immediately, and will have ample opportunity to contribute from the beginning. I don't think he'll mind being on a rebuilding team as he's really young and will get lots of chances to earn $$$ as a result.

Cmac66

Apr 18, 2017
A lot can change in hockey in a short period of time, he will sign with them for the long term.

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
A lot can change in hockey in a short period of time, he will sign with them for the long term.

While that is true, I still feel it's stupid the Sens picked a player that could possibly give them the finger and bolt, as opposed to better players who's rights would have been the Sens even if said player refused to sign.

Reactions: DANTHEMAN1967

Thrasymachus

Jul 1, 2018
Pretty sure Tkachuk will do what 99% of drafted players do, report to the team that drafted them.

He would have to give up a lot of money in the short term to opt-out of the Sens Organization

Reactions: HabsQC

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Meh...Only one I might have preferred is Zadina and maybe Hughes.

Wahlstrom has an elite shot and much higher hockey IQ than Tkachuk. Tkachuk is faster and more ready, but the point is moot. Boqvist and Dobson all have super high potential and are RHD something the Sens need with Karlsson going to bolt soon.

SensBrawler

Jun 24, 2013
Wahlstrom has an elite shot and much higher hockey IQ than Tkachuk. Tkachuk is faster and more ready, but the point is moot. Boqvist and Dobson all have super high potential and are RHD something the Sens need with Karlsson going to bolt soon.

Can't predict the future though. I usually wait more than a month to judge a pick, but I realize that's a foreign concept for some people.

TwoPiece

Jul 24, 2018
Ottawa sucks, but he'll be "the man" as soon as next season. I think it's a no-brainer that he signs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad