Will Bishop Stay Or Go?

Chito

Aug 29, 2008
Ottawa
I think they'll wait until after the playoffs. I also think they should trade Anderson for whatever they can get. A top six forward would be excellent. People keep saying Lehner is the goalie of the future. When is that future going to happen? They asked him to be the top goalie in the AHL. He has done that. He also has won an AHL champioship and the MVP of that playoffs. It's his time. Anderson is injury prone. I'd rather trade him now when his trade value is at it's highest.

18Hossa

And Grace, Too
Oct 12, 2012
How is he injury prone? He cut himself in the kitchen that a guy got tripped and slid into his ankles. How is that injury prone?

R2010

May 23, 2011
How is he injury prone? He cut himself in the kitchen that a guy got tripped and slid into his ankles. How is that injury prone?

With the way the player slid into him I wouldn't have been surprised if he was gone the whole year. That was one ugly collision

QuietOnTheFront

@QuietOnTheFront
Jun 17, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I think he is moved at the draft. Although the fact that BM has mentioned that he has received "inquiries" on his goaltenders makes this whole thing very intriguing. The only way he moves right now is if someone grossly over pays for him.

But anything can happen really.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
With the deadline coming up which teams do you think would be interested in Bishop (ie could use a young goalie), and what would you want in return if a deal did happen. (Not a deal him or not question)

Edmonton?
Calgary?
Phoenix?
Who else?

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW
With the deadline coming up which teams do you think would be interested in Bishop (ie could use a young goalie), and what would you want in return if a deal did happen. (Not a deal him or not question)

Edmonton?
Calgary?
Phoenix?
Who else?

NJ
maybe Tampa/Florida to platoon with Lindback/Markstrom
Philly (buyout Bryz)
Buffalo to platoon with Enroth if Miller is traded

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
We better trade him or he could be offersheeted and gone for just a second rounder in July.
I doubt anyone offers him 3.5M+ to bring back 1st and 3rd.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Phoenix makes sense. I'd be shocked if they give in and give Smith the 6 million/year he wants. They let Bryz go because he wanted a lot of money and term, Can see them doing the same with Smith. Bishop is an RFA so he won't be commanding a lot of dollars.

guyzeur

Mar 25, 2009
Ottawa
Bishop is leaving within the next few days. The writing is on ze woll.

you're drunk again, you've probably meant: in the next calendar day

My list: Phoenix or LA for a D prospect

Would not mind Calgary/Buffalo for Glencross/Pomminville but I don't believe it will happen.

Philly: which forward would they want to trade for Bishop that make sense for both teams? I can't see any. They like Simmons, I don't want Read.

sg58

Jul 15, 2008
LA? Why?

I think the time is now to move him for sure. The only thing that would put us in a better situation would be a great playoff run from Bish and he's not gonna get a chance to do that (knock on wood) with us. Don't know if there'll ever be more teams looking for a goalie than right now. TBL goalies struggling, CGY probably trading Kipper, Smith down, Bryz possibly bought out or at least helped by a good goalie, possibly some other teams looking as well.

We should obviously get the best possible value here, but we can not get greedy and **** up a great return for what will eventually be a third wheel.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
*70% chance he's moved after the post-season/before the draft.

*30% chance he's moved by the deadline (aka: 30% chance someone steps up to the plate, gets desperate, and makes B-Murr an offer better than he thinks he can swing at the draft.)

*= percentages accurate to within +/- 50 percentage points.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I would get somewhat nervous if Bishop isn't gone by the deadline.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Would it be because of Anderson's health, Lehner reaction or trade value declining?

Trade value declining. I'm wondering if it's just the case that teams realize they can offer-sheet him in the summer and don't want to give up assets for a guy that could easily be had for free.

It could force our hand to either trade another goalie or give him up for next to nothing.

guyzeur

Mar 25, 2009
Ottawa
LA? Why?

I think the time is now to move him for sure. The only thing that would put us in a better situation would be a great playoff run from Bish and he's not gonna get a chance to do that (knock on wood) with us. Don't know if there'll ever be more teams looking for a goalie than right now. TBL goalies struggling, CGY probably trading Kipper, Smith down, Bryz possibly bought out or at least helped by a good goalie, possibly some other teams looking as well.

We should obviously get the best possible value here, but we can not get greedy and **** up a great return for what will eventually be a third wheel.

Why LA? It all depends which one of either Bernier (if he gets traded) or Bishop gets traded first. If Bernier is the 1st one, LA would surely considered getting a replacement for him.

sg58

Jul 15, 2008
Why LA? It all depends which one of either Bernier (if he gets traded) or Bishop gets traded first. If Bernier is the 1st one, LA would surely considered getting a replacement for him.

So they would decide to trade Bernier for a good package and then pay up to get Bishop to replace him, probably for not that much less? This does not make sense to me.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
I don't think the Kings are moving Bernier until the Draft, at the earliest.

If Bernier is out of the Goalie Trade Deadline Carousel, then it seems like Bishop is the only "cheap" (as in: salary) deadline option: Luongo has a ton of $ and term left on his deal, Miller is another big-money guy with another year on his contract, Kipper has ??? left in the tank...

Lenny the Lynx

Sep 20, 2008
ON
I don't think the Kings are moving Bernier until the Draft, at the earliest.

If Bernier is out of the Goalie Trade Deadline Carousel, then it seems like Bishop is the only "cheap" (as in: salary) deadline option: Luongo has a ton of $ and term left on his deal, Miller is another big-money guy with another year on his contract, Kipper has ??? left in the tank...

The big difference being that those guys are all bonafide starters, so there is a real advantage to getting them before the deadline for a playoff team.

Bishop and Bernier are both long term options - 1B or backup goalies that should push a starter or act as insurance. So I don't see the rush to get them before the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad