Will Bishop Stay Or Go?

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
Im conflicted.. part of me says definitely seeing all the interest... but the other side of me says no dice till the off-season.. there's no guarantee as to when Anderson will be back and if we deal Bishop by tomorrow who's gonna back up Lehner if Anderson can't go?

Sure as hell isn't going to be Lawson. Might as well throw the pads on me.

MiscBrah

Mar 16, 2012
The goalie market is over-saturated, but not with goalies like Bishop. He's much younger and will cost a lot less money than any of the other goalies that are available.

He fits the needs of a team that is going to be rebuilding. Tampa Bay seems like a logical choice, but we are in their division next year so that complicates things. Calgary is another choice, especially if they trade Kipp. Winnipeg might be another place as well. They overwork Pavlec, Bishop could be a great 1b.

I also think you guys are undervaluing him. We traded a 2nd for him. He's increased his worth since then. Everyone though that was a fair deal at the time. It only makes sense that he is worth more now. Like someone else said we might be able to get a high 1st rounder for him + a young player. That being said, I don't know why we really need another high first rounder. We actually don't need very much at this point.

I'd love Ottawa to carry 3 goalies next year. Give Anderson 42 games w/ Bish and Lehner splitting the rest. Keep everyone happy and healthy. I remember a thread where it showed that goalies perform much much better in the playoffs when they haven't been worked to death during the regular season.

bumping my post for truth

arglebargle

Feb 27, 2008
Whole lot of wrong in your post too. The return was nowhere near a high 1st + young player.

MiscBrah

Mar 16, 2012
Whole lot of wrong in your post too. The return was nowhere near a high 1st + young player.

No I was saying that we could package Bishop + a player for a high first rounder....then I said I don't know why'd we'd ever do that because we don't need a high 1st rounder.

The 3rd paragraph was just me dreaming. Obviously we aren't going to carry three goalies for an entire NHL season.

Did you even read my post?

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
What exaclty made you vote against a trade at TDL?

I didn't think Murray was going to get offered a semi-established potential first liner

Conacher is not an established first liner: he's played like one for a bit and went cold. He's got the potential but he is far from proven

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->