Will Auston Matthews sign an extension with the Toronto Maple Leafs?

Will Auston Matthews sign an extension with the Toronto Maple Leafs?

• Yes

Votes: 333 45.9%
  • No

Votes: 393 54.1%

• Total voters

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
This is a troll thread. I wonder how many people would actually put money on it. Not many I assume.

Matthews asked Toronto for an 8 year contract, unlike McDavid who asked for 5 and agreed to 8 at the highest cap hit in the league.

• Haha
Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Rengorlex

Aug 25, 2021
He'll sign with an US team for sure. Probably around 16m AAV. Could see him taking a shorter 4-year deal and then 8x20 million when he's 30 for a retirement contract. He's all about money and there's nothing wrong with that.

MAB1

Jul 18, 2022
He'll sign with an US team for sure. Probably around 16m AAV. Could see him taking a shorter 4-year deal and then 8x20 million when he's 30 for a retirement contract. He's all about money and there's nothing wrong with that.
And then McDavid comes home to Toronto a couple years later and then LD demands a trade because he doesn't want to play in Siberia all alone.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Probably, yea. I wouldn’t put it at 100%, but seems the likely scenario. I’d put the odds of him going to Arizona at near 0

Pretty much this as the only way he even considers Arizona is if they actually show some plan and even then I just don't see it.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Rent free part 2

Not engaging with posters that start reporting things when they get upset.
I'd say start following the site's rules. It's been hard but i'm starting to learn to chose my words more carefully.

Rent free is what we call this.
Maybe you should learn to charge for rent next time.

MCR74

Nov 11, 2022
Matthews is free to sign anywhere once his contract expires, as is McDavid. This place will go up in flames if the so-called greatest player in the world ever signs with his hometown team. Speculation is fun.

If Matthews doesn't sign with TO, I'm fine with it. I'm hoping he signs with Arizona actually. It would be funny to see him play in a college arena with inadequate locker rooms, making league max,

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
This is a troll thread. I wonder how many people would actually put money on it. Not many I assume.

Matthews asked Toronto for an 8 year contract, unlike McDavid who asked for 5 and agreed to 8 at the highest cap hit in the league.
What aav did Matthews ask for on said 8 year deal? 14?

I'd be surprised if he signs with Toronto for anything less than 15M unless they take a big step forward this postseason.

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
Would be fun if Matthews actually would bolt for Arizona and Toronto signed both Draisaitl and McDavid. HF would meltdown.

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc
I think the NHL wants more than anything to get him to Arizona, but the Leafs will have the resources and the opportunities in the market to get it done. Almost no superstar goes to free agency anymore.
This is no regular UFA. This is one of the unicorns of the league. Every team would find the cap space to give him whatever he wanted....

I dont think it would be about money, its about chance to win. Right now Toronto is kind of a gong show and cant seem to get it done. Without progress I dont see him staying....

MAB1

Jul 18, 2022
Lmao did your posts get removed? That does sometimes happen when you post when you're upset.
Rent free part 3. Like moths to a flame.

I'd say start following the site's rules. It's been hard but i'm starting to learn to chose my words more carefully.

Maybe you should learn to charge for rent next time.
Was taught to help out those less fortunate it's all good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad