Will a player score 70 goals anytime soon?

Tall Morty

Visualize the action to actualize the vision
Apr 18, 2017
I'll go completely off board and say Alex DeBrincat, just because.

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Laine should reach 50 first before talking about 70

Pretty sure none of the posters suggesting Laine are actually Laine himself.
Laine has said he wants to score as many goals as possible. I don't think you'll find a clip where he claims a number (especially not 70).

Only way Laine has a chance at something like this

• full season playing with Scheifele and a winger that compliments the two of them best.
  • Massive increase in TOI (the amount of goals he's scored with so little ice time is fairly impressive)
  • Jets use Laine for close to full 2 mins on every PP
  • He'd need around 2 months like last November to get him a good chunk of the way there.
  • Healthy back to make sure his sniper shot is humming
  • Some improvements to his board work and puck possession / protection to increase his offensive chances. He shows flashes of ability in this area but far too often these things are his achilles heel.
  • And obviously to stay healthy for a full season
It's more likely that we see a league wide shift in scoring before anyone can hit that number. I think 60 would be a cool number for someone to hit. It's been many years since Stamkos scored his 60th in Winnipeg (last game of the regular season I believe).

Realistically 2 players breaking 60 / chasing 70 would create the best story.
Ala the Sosa / McGuire home race...

Reactions: Ippenator

Mildan

Jan 7, 2019
ovi had ten posts last year, which puts him nine away from 70 if they go in. it'll happen in the next ten years for sure
And all the goals had a chance to hit post or a keeper as well and if all those would have he would have had 0.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad