Post-Game Talk: Wild Zebras and Shaky Smith: A Hollywood Story

GodPucker

Sep 27, 2017
Granlund hooked like mad and gets a penalty for shoving him off

giphy.gif

GodPucker

Sep 27, 2017
If anybody knows of any more, I can find them. I like finding these zebra idiots mistakes

Reactions: Satire

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
If anybody knows of any more, I can find them. I like finding these zebra idiots mistakes

The egregious ones off the top of my head; there was Neals stick being chopped out of his hand, Bears stick getting Bautista flipped out of his hand, Kempe elbowing Klefbom, Doughty slashing Archibald twice on the PK, the elbow to the face Martinez gave Chiasson that pissed him off, probably two dozen dead puck era examples of interference on McDrai. When we had a PP, probably like four or five times Kopitar just pinned McDavid to the boards for 5+ seconds. Martinez sat on McDavid in front of the kings net for a solid 15 seconds at one point while McDavid tried to get up. McDavid got high sticked on the one PK...

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Good presser with Tippett. Fine with their consistency this year and likes what they've been doing. Nailed the poor start, goal at end of period is a poor goal to give up having possession of the puck, agreed with Draisaitl that their line wasn't good. Doesn't matter where a team is in the standings. They were left chasing all night.

EDIT: Liked Draisaitl's honest assessment (of what was quite likely his worst game of a stellar early season).

Oil weren't ready to go tonight. Down early, poor own zone play and mediocre goaltending.​

Reactions: KYams17

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
The Oilers have to realize that if they want to be a championship team, taking a bunch of nights off is not an option. The Kings are certainly beatable.

I agree.
If the Oilers are playing like they are fully invested they win this game.
It was a poor effort and it really wasnt that hard to predict.

Learning how to win is hard...especially when you are the first place team and teams get up for you.

These games (as brutal as they are to watch) are actually a positive for growth.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
I think they call it load management in the NBA. Don't think the Oilers are doing it right.

True.

The losses to weaker teams really sting when it comes to the closing lap of the race. As we know, 2 points can make the difference between playoffs or sitting at home watching First 48 re-runs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad