Post-Game Talk: Wild Zebras and Shaky Smith: A Hollywood Story

YakDavid

Dec 12, 2010
Not a good game by any means but I hope someone calls out reffing. Some questionable calls against and brutal non calls. Makes it hard to be a fan when a team gets this.

OfCorsiDid

54 goals? Must've been the money!
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
Bad game all around. Smith set the stage by shitting his pants in the 1st. Lots of missed opportunities.

However, whenever the oilers had any momentum there was a shitty call the refs had up their sleeve. It’s difficult to come back from any deficit when you spend a 1/6th of the game on the PK.

Delicious Pancakes

Top Pocket Find
Apr 23, 2012
Home
Team didn't have it going in the first period, Smith was off, and once they were down the refs kept them down the rest of the way. Give the Kings credit though, they outplayed the Oilers tonight.

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
I wonder if someone says something about the refs tonight, despite the crap they deal with, its not often the team gets pissed off enough where guys are taking penalty minutes from beaking off

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Like I said in the GDT, consistency is a quality of a finished product. This team isn't there yet. Lots of progress made so far, but still lots to come.

Absolutely.

I am not at all surprised that they lost this game. Posted that this was a problem game in the GDT.
I think the Arizona game will be another potential problem game.

Jepprey

Creeper
May 25, 2006
Not going to blame that all on Smith because the whole team was asleep for the first 15 minutes. Wasnt until that late pp chance in the first they woke up.

That first line got absolutely torched. One of those games where they're probably looking past them. They obviously werent ready.

Quite possibly Bear and Drai worst games so far this season? Also, once again.. rough night with Nuge and Neal on the chances against.

3IR

Feb 12, 2019
Made it to the third LA goal before i shut it off. Until this team starts waking up for games, they're going to continue to risk being embarrassed like this if our goalie isn't red hot.
It feels like the difference in a game we win and a game we lose is whether or not our goalie shows up hot enough to bail us out of our sleep walking start to most of our games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad