GDT: Wild vs. Stars | Emergency GDT | 2/9/16 | 7 PM CST, 3 AM Suomi

Status
Not open for further replies.

melinko

Jun 13, 2010
Minnesota
Our players are terrible are reading when to change.

We create a turnover after Vanek/Nino/Reilly get stuck out forever, and instead of going for a easy change they try to spring Vanek for a 1 on 1.

Sucks because prior to that the previous lines changed correctly.

PariseNation

I hope so
Apr 15, 2014
Twin Cities
I'm going to the game on Thursday to watch Ovy, Kuzy, and Backstrom skat
e. Not to cheer the Wild, not to boo them. My commitment to this team will be tested.

Ceiu

Oct 31, 2011
Bad change, miscommunication on the attempt at a change, and gliding on the way in. It's like whoever comes on is being told "expect a turnover breakaway" and they always do it during a panic that results in a goal.

How can one group of people paid so goddamn much to be good at one thing be so ****ing bad at identifying and fixing their problems?

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
**** 3 on 3, so ****ing gimmicky.
It's not the 3 on 3 that is the problem. It's the repeated mistakes that this team never learns from. Teams that know how to hustle are just fine. How many times do we lose in overtime due to poor line changes? It's OUR fault that overtime kills us. If you are well coached and on top of your game, you may just get the extra point.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
It's not the overtime. It's the repeated mistakes that this team never learns from. Teams that know how to hustle are just fine. How many times do we lose in overtime due to poor line changes? It's OUR fault that overtime kills us. If you are well coached and on top of your game, you may just get the extra point.

3v3 is absolutely idiotic. It should be reserved for ******** like the All-Star game.

murdoq

Nov 7, 2009
With all due respect that is Bull****. Vanek turned it over in their zone to begin the shift, turned it over in the neutral zone and overstayed the shift 100%. That goal was 100% his fault .

overstaying is quite common in 3 on 3 as you don't always get the chance to change. and when he went to change he got that dumb pass

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
I dont know why you would put Vanek, Nino and Reilly out there to begin with.

Saw that, too. I though Reilly did quite well defending the 2-on-1 rush Dallas had earlier in his shift. That trio is very suspect defensively, though.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
no, not vanek. the player who replaced him wasn't ready

This.

The line changes on 3 v3 have killed us this year. I suspect that the coaching staff doesn't have the players ready, as this has happened multiple times. The player on the bench has to shoot on like out of a cannon.

But Vanek could've picked a better time to get off, and been quicker about it. This isn't 5v5 . Line changes are everything in 3v3.

Jesus comma Brodin

Effing Norris-Byng Brodin
Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota
overstaying is quite common in 3 on 3 as you don't always get the chance to change. and when he went to change he got that dumb pass

He could have got the puck deep 4 times that shift and chose to do nothing with it in the neutral zone but a one handed slap pass toward the bench. He could have got off 4 times too but decided he needs to be an idiot. Sure, 2 assists but his defensive liability is greater than the $6.5M we're paying him

melinko

Jun 13, 2010
Minnesota
It was Dumba to start. Then Scandella. No Reilly.

I'm 90% sure Reilly was out there with Nino and Vanek, and Scandella came on for Reilly immediately before the goal.

EDIT: Reilly was definitely out there, in the play-by-play of the NHL site 1:45 into OT Reilly blocked the shot that led to the pass to Vanek.

Fremitus Borealis

Flügelstürmer
Feb 4, 2007
The Slot
Oh well. It was over as soon as the third period was over. It was fun seeing them play a lot better overall tonight, but this one's a real kick in the balls....even though I've kinda resigned myself to "tanking" at this point.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
He could have got the puck deep 4 times that shift and chose to do nothing with it in the neutral zone but a one handed slap pass toward the bench. He could have got off 4 times too but decided he needs to be an idiot. Sure, 2 assists but his defensive liability is greater than the $6.5M we're paying him

Don't pick on Vanek, man, it's your fault! :sarcasm:

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Well hopefully tonight can start the turnaround....

Didn't completely fall apart after losing a lead and them getting a fluky goal.

It's been hard to find any positivity in this awful month+ of games, but hopefully tonight turns the tide... :help:

Fremitus Borealis

Flügelstürmer
Feb 4, 2007
The Slot
Also, dead horse and all that, but.... if it's not one thing with this team, it's something else. And the baffling lack of concern over the ****** overtime record? Heads should roll for that if nothing else. No one who coaches a team to a 1-10 (and likely worse before April) overtime record should have any sort of job security. They were obviously just kind of "hoping" things would even out after a while, but it should be crystal clear now that there is a systemic problem from behind the bench that has rendered this team nearly worthless in overtime.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
those goals by Fontaine and Haula were beautiful. Real snipers goals.... And they are our fourth liners. Koivu's goal... Well, they all count. Dumba created the chaos that made that goal happen.

Prosser's goal was interesting, too. Hard to score from that angle.

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
Well at least we play the Capitals next so all this moral victory we've got going will be crushed right out of us.

ItXNb9h.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad