Hockeybots
3540-1.jpg

Yeobots

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
I'm just having nightmares of fans staying home, and I'm stuck in the middle of Hawks' fans that have taken over the outdoor game.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
I see Ovie got a hat trick. Now I wish I'd dvr'd the game so I could watch that when I get home.

Did anyone toss s hat on the ice?

Looks like I made the right call in not watching this and meeting a friend instead.

Billy Mays Here*

I see Ovie got a hat trick. Now I wish I'd dvr'd the game so I could watch that when I get home.

Did anyone toss s hat on the ice?

Looks like I made the right call in not watching this and meeting a friend instead.

Decent amount of hats, probably around 30-35.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
So I decided to play 5 hours of Battlefield 4, instead of watching the Minnesota Wild attempt to play hockey.

Appears I made the correct decision!

VFyoU81.jpg

I slept all night.

I'm happy with my decision.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
From a Caps fan perspective and from the team response post game you are going to find some angry people about that game. Caps analyst after the game got on the Caps for not responding enough for Burakovsky getting run and Kuznetsov getting taken out. Williams responding to both isn't enough.

My point being that maybe your guys are good boys and pure as driven snow, the otherside is pissed about something and its more than just a pr problem.

I watched the game on the wild cast. even your guys thought Burakovsky's hit was clean and the crosscheck that then ran him head first into the boards a penalty and not an accident.

You guys are in DC in two weeks. I would expect that to be a rough night.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Kuznetsov 'getting taken out'. Lol.

I believe that is the technical term to getting hit by a player on the other team and being removed from the game with an injury. maybe I am wrong and he hit himself with that butt end of the stick. call it what you will. caps media and the coach weren't happy about that. this are two sides to this deal.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
is granlund not suppose to play the puck because there might be a player behind him? what a joke someone would call that an intentional dirty play. i dont remember the burakovsky hit so i cant comment on that. bottom line caps are the hottest team in hockey & they won.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
I didn't see it live, and maybe I'm just a dirty, no good Wild homer, but after watching that gif I'm just not seeing how the Granlund one was intentional.

Caps Circle

Jan 19, 2015
Chantilly, VA
Another Caps fan chiming in here, I agree that wasn't intentional. That being said, based on the rules (Rule 58), Granlund should've gotten a major penalty, match penalty, and a fine.

Caps fans are also probably salty because Kuznetsov is injured now at one of the worst possible times. It was an accidental play, but one that certainly should've had a penalty called.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Another Caps fan chiming in here, I agree that wasn't intentional. That being said, based on the rules (Rule 58), Granlund should've gotten a major penalty, match penalty, and a fine.

Caps fans are also probably salty because Kuznetsov is injured now at one of the worst possible times. It was an accidental play, but one that certainly should've had a penalty called.
An accidental stick to the face is a major+fine? Seriously?

Why would it not just be a minor high sticking penalty? Something to do with the butt of the stick or something?

Screaming Buffalo

Oct 19, 2010
MN
I can understand the anger on the Burakovsky hit. His hit was clean and he took a crosscheck in the back for it. Folin was standing up for Granlund, which is fine. But it was definitely a penalty. Not sure how the Wild got a PP out of it.

The Granlund-Kuznetsov play didn't seem like much to me. No way it was intentional. Could have been two for elbow or rough but nothing more.

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
That's insane, but whatever I guess. It's over and done with.

Edit: Sorry, referring to Granlund getting a match penalty/major or whatever.

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
From a Caps fan perspective and from the team response post game you are going to find some angry people about that game. Caps analyst after the game got on the Caps for not responding enough for Burakovsky getting run and Kuznetsov getting taken out. Williams responding to both isn't enough.

My point being that maybe your guys are good boys and pure as driven snow, the otherside is pissed about something and its more than just a pr problem.

I watched the game on the wild cast. even your guys thought Burakovsky's hit was clean and the crosscheck that then ran him head first into the boards a penalty and not an accident.

You guys are in DC in two weeks. I would expect that to be a rough night.

Yeah, regarding Folin's hit . . . I don't think you can find anyone here that thinks that was a clean hit and most were surprised we ended up on the PP after that scrum. I was expecting 2 in the box for the Wild and 1 for the Caps . . . but officiating is what it is.

There's no way in hell Granlund's stick making contact to Kuznetzof's face is a penalty, let alone a fine. Sorry it happened, don't like seeing anyone get hurt playing a game, but **** happens unfortunately.

I do, however, understand the anger. If tables were turned and the same two things happened to the Wild and the Cap's were the perpetrators we'd be calling for heads as well and you all would be talking it down.

I hope things don't get stupid in a couple weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad