GDT: Wild vs. Caps

Status
Not open for further replies.

TwiztedHeat

Feb 6, 2010
This team is going to give me a stroke, I can't handle this losing crap and no one ever showing any damn emotion about it.

sufferingwildfan

Jan 19, 2015
You all know I'm Mr Negative, but I enjoyed the game tonight. The Wild appeared to be competitive and if it was because the Caps toyed with Wild I missed it.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Ya know, my main takeaway from that game was how nice it was to see Folin stick up for Granlund there. I realized how rare it is on this team. We are such a good, harmless, little bunch of hockey players.

Hockey is a battle. We don't even show up.

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
Lol at the Caps thread (just reading mods). There can be a lot of things said about the Wild . . . but goonery just doesn't fit.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
You all know I'm Mr Negative, but I enjoyed the game tonight. The Wild appeared to be competitive and if it was because the Caps toyed with Wild I missed it.
The Wild were competitive in the 1st and 3rd periods... just like last game.

They suck so bad in the 2nd though these days that it doesn't matter how well they play the rest of the game... they have zero shot.

Soldier13Fox

Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
Ya know, my main takeaway from that game was how nice it was to see Folin stick up for Granlund there. I realized how rare it is on this team. We are such a good, harmless, little bunch of hockey players.

Hockey is a battle. We don't even show up.

Couldn't agree more. How many times do we see Parise just getting raped and teammates just skate away. No eye contact, head down. Nothing.

murdoq

Nov 7, 2009
our 1st line gets 2 more minutes than ovi, although they aren't even playing better than the rest of the team :facepalm:

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Lol at the Caps thread (just reading mods). There can be a lot of things said about the Wild . . . but goonery just doesn't fit.
I had a glance over there and it looked like an Avs fan was inciting the goonery talk... saying it's what the Wild always resort to when losing. Avs fan must be confusing the Wild with the Avs.

This Wild squad is the most passive team in history.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
I had a glance over there and it looked like an Avs fan was inciting the goonery talk... saying it's what the Wild always resort to when losing. Avs fan must be confusing the Wild with the Avs.

This Wild squad is the most passive team in history.
That would explain it then.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Coyle says once we get out of this funk we'll be a better team because of it.

Isn't that the same **** they've said the last two years?

Fremitus Borealis

Flügelstürmer
Feb 4, 2007
The Slot
Coyle says once we get out of this funk we'll be a better team because of it.

Isn't that the same **** they've said the last two years?

I like Coyle a lot, but like pretty much every other player who's made it to the NHL, he's been trained to speak straight out of the cliche bag. I'd be really curious to know what some of these guys are actually thinking about the situation.

Soldier13Fox

Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
What's the deal with the supposed goonery? I only watched like 30% of the game so I probably missed whatever the incident was.

One bad hit by Folin in retaliation to a questionable (legal) hit on Granlund followed by an inadvertent butt end of Granny's stick into a Caps' face on a faceoff.

Nothing really

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
What's the deal with the supposed goonery? I only watched like 30% of the game so I probably missed whatever the incident was.

Your player gets injured and you're pissed so you can't look at it clear-headed without bias.

The Folin hit was bad and he should have gotten a penalty, but the Granlund butt-end was 100% accidental because Kuznetsov got in a bad position behind Granlund's right arm.

But again, they're pissed because their player got injured and there wasn't a PP. Really not much goonery otherwise.

Apparently Parise also grabbed Holtby's pad on our last goal? I saw an overhead video and didn't really see it but I don't know.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
I like Coyle a lot, but like pretty much every other player who's made it to the NHL, he's been trained to speak straight out of the cliche bag. I'd be really curious to know what some of these guys are actually thinking about the situation.
Hockeybots
3540-1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad