GDT: Wild vs. Aves | 4 PM | Mar 8 | Fight Night [MOD WARNING IN THE OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

member 116861

Hamilton and Caron look pretty good. Hishon looked really good as well so I don't understand the benching. I'm hoping it was because we were up 3-0 and Hishon wasn't 100% so Roy didn't want to risk more injury but that is probably wrong.

Orwell1984

Feb 10, 2009
Hamilton and Caron look pretty good. Hishon looked really good as well so I don't understand the benching. I'm hoping it was because we were up 3-0 and Hishon wasn't 100% so Roy didn't want to risk more injury but that is probably wrong.
You are not wrong. The 3rd. was precautionary, feedback from the coaching staff has been positive. If he's healthy he'll be around for a while..................................................I think.
He is dealing with an issue that appears minor but it is Hish so I'm wary of those dark clouds that seem to follow him around:bolts

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
You are not wrong. The 3rd. was precautionary, feedback from the coaching staff has been positive. If he's healthy he'll be around for a while..................................................I think.
He is dealing with an issue that appears minor but it is Hish so I'm wary of those dark clouds that seem to follow him around:bolts
That's great to hear (not the injury part, the positive feedback part). Thanks for sharing. He's looked good and is doing what Roy said he wants.

AdamCalderHero

Jul 20, 2010
Coventry, England

Thats great to hear thanks for letting us know. He's probably the one prospect I want to succeed the most because he seems like a great guy and has been through a lot. Its great to see the management sees what we see.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
They removed Barrie's assist on the Redmond goal. Which is fair I guess, since he had not been on the ice for over a minute when the goal was scored.

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
Steve Kournianos ‏@TheDraftAnalyst 26m26 minutes ago
Elias: Most goals since 2/12/15
1) Ovechkin (11)
2) Landeskog (9)
#NHL

Glad to see his injury seems to not be bothering him anymore, this is the Landy we all know and love. The Captain, the Viking, the difference maker, the flub-shot sniper.

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
Anybody else get the feeling Frei has decided he doesn't like the Avs or Patrick Roy now too? He's been bitter for a long time, and seemingly pissed and moaned about having to return to being their beat writer, but he wrote an article tonight that came off like a pot shot at the Avs for not making the playoffs.

He even wrote something that makes no sense about Joe Sakic just to be negative.

"Meanwhile, the Avalanche's tandem — Sakic as GM and Roy as coach, with additional hockey operations titles — has gone from a stunningly successful first season in control to a second-year downturn. That has at least postponed definitive verdicts about their ability to oversee another long-term stay among the NHL's elite."

"Sakic still needs to show that he's decisive enough to swim among the NHL's front-office Sharks (and Red Wings and Blackhawks and ...) and to step away from making snap and premature judgments about personnel."

What the hell is he even referring to here?

While his tone comes off as childish and bitter, I think he's absolutely right. And I think thats a big reason we didn't see the Avs do much at the deadline. I think they realized they've been acquiring useless assets and giving them extensions when not quite deserved, in half the cases without a game played.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Glad to see his injury seems to not be bothering him anymore, this is the Landy we all know and love. The Captain, the Viking, the difference maker, the flub-shot sniper.

Landy hasnt been flubbing many shots lately and his balance is waaaaaaaaaaay better now. The person who seems to be flubbing everything these days is good ole Johnny.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Anybody else get the feeling Frei has decided he doesn't like the Avs or Patrick Roy now too? He's been bitter for a long time, and seemingly pissed and moaned about having to return to being their beat writer, but he wrote an article tonight that came off like a pot shot at the Avs for not making the playoffs.

He even wrote something that makes no sense about Joe Sakic just to be negative.

"Meanwhile, the Avalanche's tandem — Sakic as GM and Roy as coach, with additional hockey operations titles — has gone from a stunningly successful first season in control to a second-year downturn. That has at least postponed definitive verdicts about their ability to oversee another long-term stay among the NHL's elite."

"Sakic still needs to show that he's decisive enough to swim among the NHL's front-office Sharks (and Red Wings and Blackhawks and ...) and to step away from making snap and premature judgments about personnel."

I used to like Frei but you're right hes been a little ***** for sometime now. No idea what it is. Patrick doesnt seem to like him much :laugh: that glare at one of the post skates last week

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
The only problem I have with Frei is that he clearly doesn't want to be a beat writer and it shines through. He seems to think he's too good to do the grunt work and seems to look for reasons to feel slighted by the Avs. Other than that, he's clearly more competent than Chambers. Frei asks good questions in press conferences and is a good writer.

I don't follow him on twitter. It got old within one day.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I don't think Landy will keep up the goal scoring pace forever but the best part of them have been huge ones like getting that PP goal yesterday and that one to make it 3-1 vs the Pens.

Hishon has played really well, it's great to see.

Iceberg

May 4, 2002

:help:

Really, do you have to ask that question????

Berra, Holden, Guenin, Cliche, Stuart...

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007

I think we can safely say a lot of those personnel decisions were made by Roy. Sure, Sakic is ultimately responsible, but he's not going to say no to Roy extending 'his team' right after winning the division.

Suffice to say a lot of things went right last season that jaded the team, some of them have even admitted so much this season during interviews. This has been a good growing pains season, they'll come out better for it and hopefully Sakic/Roy can figure out a way to improve the blue line so that once the forwards are ready to score they have a blue line that can back them up sufficiently.

To the window!
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2011
North Cackolacka
THISGONBGUD.gif

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
I think we can safely say a lot of those personnel decisions were made by Roy. Sure, Sakic is ultimately responsible, but he's not going to say no to Roy extending 'his team' right after winning the division.

Suffice to say a lot of things went right last season that jaded the team, some of them have even admitted so much this season during interviews. This has been a good growing pains season, they'll come out better for it and hopefully Sakic/Roy can figure out a way to improve the blue line so that once the forwards are ready to score they have a blue line that can back them up sufficiently.

This is one of the POSITIVES imo for this season. Yes it would have been nice to be in the playoffs again but in all honesty im looking at bigger picture. Im 'ok' missing this year if it means we are in the next 5+ years. Truth is this is the season we should have had last yr. If we had this season last yr I dont think many people would have been terribly upset considering the season before that. Expectation quadrupled this season based on our success last season. Im guilty of it aswell. This season was a good reality check for alot of our players and fan base. The players have to bring it every night, every shift in this league if they want to be successful. You cant take shifts off and expect to win and we were guilty of that for the first 3 1/2 months of the season and EVERY player on this team was guilty of that.

frog

Apr 8, 2014
Canada
This is one of the POSITIVES imo for this season. Yes it would have been nice to be in the playoffs again but in all honesty im looking at bigger picture. Im 'ok' missing this year if it means we are in the next 5+ years. Truth is this is the season we should have had last yr. If we had this season last yr I dont think many people would have been terribly upset considering the season before that. Expectation quadrupled this season based on our success last season. Im guilty of it aswell. This season was a good reality check for alot of our players and fan base. The players have to bring it every night, every shift in this league if they want to be successful. You cant take shifts off and expect to win and we were guilty of that for the first 3 1/2 months of the season and EVERY player on this team was guilty of that.

yeah that's true. I think Mackinnon comes out on fire next year after a rough season, I think Duchene bounces back with more to prove, and the majority of the players learned from this year and come back sharper with more focus. I even think it was also a learning experience for management to realize that this defence core needs a substantial improvement. I don't think we are going to see any of the defence overrated like after the successful year last year. And defence will be addressed more aggressively than last year.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003

Again, not the problem this year. They were depth signings. Cliche was a 14th forward forced into the lineup because of injuries. Stuart has played fine. Berra has sucked but only affected them in a couple of games because Pickard stepped in. Guenin and Holden are cheap depth signings that are not supposed to be playing as high as they are.

Sakic's problem so far is being too timid to make a move for a real defenseman, not the depth signings he made. That's what has made them have to play the depth signings.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Regarding Cliche, I mentioned it a few games back, but his SH TOI has been cut severely. It looks like the coaching staff is realizing that he's not effective at much of anything. Landy has been put on the PK (finally), Mitchell is playing more on it, to go with Everberg, Tanguay, and ROR. I don't think Cliche will be around next year, or at least on the big team, barring injuries.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto

I couldn't agree more and I think this team will be on fire next season, from the start. They will show what they are capable again, actually they are showing that right now without EJ. This team is not as bad as their position in standings right now. When our top-players are playing on their expected level, our offense should be one of the best in NHL. Top-10 at least. One huge thing for next season though: FIX THE POWERPLAY.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Our start this season was due to terrible D and the offense not producing. With the offense producing, as it is now, but the same terrible D, this team is exactly as good as where it is in the standings - a playoff bubble team. If we get EJ that partner, draft well this year, and graduate some prospects next year, I think Avs could become a clear playoff team.

Iceberg

May 4, 2002
Again, not the problem this year. They were depth signings. Cliche was a 14th forward forced into the lineup because of injuries. Stuart has played fine. Berra has sucked but only affected them in a couple of games because Pickard stepped in. Guenin and Holden are cheap depth signings that are not supposed to be playing as high as they are.

Sakic's problem so far is being too timid to make a move for a real defenseman, not the depth signings he made. That's what has made them have to play the depth signings.

Giving those guys two or three year contract extensions were mistakes, and Frei has a valid point. He didn't say anything that warranted that kind of reaction.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
yeah that's true. I think Mackinnon comes out on fire next year after a rough season, I think Duchene bounces back with more to prove, and the majority of the players learned from this year and come back sharper with more focus. I even think it was also a learning experience for management to realize that this defence core needs a substantial improvement. I don't think we are going to see any of the defence overrated like after the successful year last year. And defence will be addressed more aggressively than last year.

That's a squirrel, not a frog...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad