Post-Game Talk: Wild swept by Chicago

saywut

Jun 11, 2009
All things considered, its a miracle that the Wild made it as far as they did.

That being said this series was an embarrassment, not because we lost 4 in a row but because of how we played. It was as if the Wild were practicing without sticks on defenders and wondering why they couldn't complete passes or make shots in an actual game situation. And complete refusal to dump the puck in and chase after it, are we really that scared of a defense with 2 guys who could be retired in a month, one of which looked like an ECHLer last year when we played the Blackhawks in the playoffs? Hard to imagine much change happening to this roster so hopefully the 2010 class shows more improvement towards next year than they did this past year, because its quite clear the 2 Sabres rejects are past their prime and not playoff performers. Was quite refreshing watching them both off our top PP unit tonight.

*going back into hiding for ~2 years :sarcasm:*

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
So this is what reliable two-way game and character nets for you?

Don't forget all the leadership we stockpiled.

Too bad for Chicago, Patrick Kane's only hurting his team with his lack of two-way play, character, and leadership qualities.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
So this is what reliable two-way game and character nets for you?

It's basically the same thing as the Jets; a decent amount of excellent two-way play, but no verifiable game breakers to speak of. The Jets are hoping that Ehlers and Petan can grow into that role, but what do the Wild have in their pipeline?

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
It's basically the same thing as the Jets; a decent amount of excellent two-way play, but no verifiable game breakers to speak of. The Jets are hoping that Ehlers and Petan can grow into that role, but what do the Wild have in their pipeline?

Tuch is pretty much it right now for the prospect pool.

On the roster we have Zucker and Dumba, who have shown flashes of being those impact players.

DrPP

Oct 21, 2009
It's May and there are still two more series left to win the Stanley Cup. I think I'd be with Suter and Vanek. Who wants to keep playing when you can get an extra month of summer off?

hipchecks

#MakeStaalGreatAgain
Mar 3, 2015
Minnesota
Heard "This is How We Do It" on the radio this morning, and it reminded me of last years playoffs. How fun it was watching them.

Still getting over that the Wild got swept by Chicago. At least in 13, they managed to win one game vs. them with a far inferior roster than they iced this year. Really thought this year was the year we stick it to the Hawks, and finally show that we can beat them. I guess it will have to wait until next year when we inevitably meet them again, assuming we even make the playoffs.

That Kane guy is really something, eh?

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
Heard "This is How We Do It" on the radio this morning, and it reminded me of last years playoffs. How fun it was watching them.

Still getting over that the Wild got swept by Chicago. At least in 13, they managed to win one game vs. them with a far inferior roster than they iced this year. Really thought this year was the year we stick it to the Hawks, and finally show that we can beat them. I guess it will have to wait until next year when we inevitably meet them again, assuming we even make the playoffs.

One of the very best.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN

One of the very best.

I'm of the opinion that when all is said and done, he'll be one of the very best American skaters to ever lace 'em up.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
My thoughts on the series:

gBGKxFq.gif

**** this ****.

Wasted Talent

Sponsor
Aug 9, 2011
I remember looking at the schedule before this series started and thought I would miss a Wild playoff game for the first time in years if Game 5 was not an afternoon game.

I suppose that problem solved itself. Or I'm just a master jinxer.

BurnsyMN

Mar 27, 2014
St Paul
I'm of the opinion that when all is said and done, he'll be one of the very best American skaters to ever lace 'em up.

Would have been nice for him to show up in the Olympics. He's a future hall of famer though. Just an unreal player. Wish we had one

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere

In regards to clutch player and points, absolutely. However, I am a firm believer that Chelios still holds that title.

And I'm with the others, wish he would have actually shown up at the Olympics with most of the team as well. That was an atrocity in Sochi.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
If the Hawks and Wild swapped Kane for Pominville, this series would have been a 4-0 Wild sweep. That's how amazing Kane was and how worthless Pominville was.

And nearly every other Chicago goal was some weird bounce or deflection.

WTF!!!!!!!

Calamity606

Mar 28, 2015
Columbia Heights, MN
Couldn't even beat them once. Didn't even take a lead.

Not many more ways that I can think of to be utterly dominated. Obviously I have to leave room for being devastated from such a one-sided loss but I really don't know what can be done to retool the team to counter the Blackhawks. And it will always come down to that... if you cannot beat Chicago as they are then you cannot have a prayer at any championship aspirations.

MNWILDFAN001

Jul 2, 2010
Minnesota
I had a feeling the Hawks would win the series, just didn't think it would be a sweep. During the 1st round, fans were saying "Just need to weather the storm" against the Blues. Well I think the Hawks are much better at it than the Wild. Plus the Hawks have the offensive strength to score when they get their chances.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad