Post-Game Talk: Wild swept by Chicago

Dec 29, 2011
Southern Minnesota
Well, as the NBCSN guy said. So I did it.

CEdSB7eUMAEe6kM.jpg

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
I think it's now clear to everyone that Suter's minutes need to go down next season. As much as he manages his energy, he clearly was running on empty in the post season.
It's been clear to everyone for a long time except for the one person who could have done something about it. But nope...we'll even load on some extra PP minutes.

What can he do? Poms is overpaid. Vanek, Koivu, Parise and Suter have NTC. Coyle is overpaid. Granlund is pathetic. el Nino? Zucker?...They have little value.
Start behind the bench, then go from there.

elnewby

Feb 21, 2012
MT
Ahhh, now to sit back and watch what CF does with the roster.
*grabs popcorn*;)

He's smart enough to realize this team isn't capable of beating the Hawks, nonetheless competing for a cup. He's gotta make changes, he just has too. But it's going to be very tough with the contracts we have. Very interested to see what he does.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
We have a lot of years of fail to go before reaching that status. Besides, the Blues are on that train now.

I don't know, the last time we've reached the finals was...12 years ago.

Sharks have been disappointing for years (but still managed to get to the playoffs for almost 20 years with 2 years (this year and 02-03) missing it). But they at least got to the third round a few times before falling off. This team could easily turn into the Sharks if they don't start changing things.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
No words. Can't bury goals until the game is too far out of reach with too little time left. No one on the team knows how to pass anymore. Pominville and Vanek continue to be useless. This team can't win as they are right now. Next year is our last year of contention before major changes and we may not even make the playoffs next year.

plock

Sonic Reducer
Oct 5, 2013
Mill City
Exactly. Parise-Zucker-Nino are three good LWs. As much as Koivu has been offensively impotent, Granlund and Coyle are continuing to improve and we can start considering Koivu our 3rd line center.

That leaves a bunch of ineffective RWs. Pominville screws up ever scoring chance. Vanek can't play RW or LW anymore. Stewart has been as advertised. Great for 10 games, then complete vanished. Schroeder/Fontaine are ok role players, but not on a contender.

Wild are in major trouble because they need an elite scoring RW, a power forward RW, and a quality top-9 RW who can bring a lot of different qualities. Where are those guys going to come from? Yakupov?

Coyle is a good 3c and will probably become a very good 3c.He is not a 2c now and I doubt he becomes one.

Pomminville and Vanek were second and third in points and don't deserve some of the hate they get,this team would be a lot worse without them.

plock

Sonic Reducer
Oct 5, 2013
Mill City
What can he do? Poms is overpaid. Vanek, Koivu, Parise and Suter have NTC. Coyle is overpaid. Granlund is pathetic. el Nino? Zucker?...They have little value.

Granlund was good in these playoffs.I was all for dangling him in trade talks now I am not so sure.

Ceiu

Oct 31, 2011
Coyle is a good 3c and will probably become a very good 3c.He is not a 2c now and I doubt he becomes one.

Pomminville and Vanek were second and third in points and don't deserve some of the hate they get,this team would be a lot worse without them.

That line of thinking is what keeps the latter employed. Vanek is more costly than anything and more often than not ended plays in turnovers.

Pompoms at least has a history of showing up and performing on this team without being a complete anchor most of the time. Though it would seem he forgot how one-timers work, which is a tad worrying.

BurnsyMN

Mar 27, 2014
St Paul
Welp. That's the season. Disappointed. However, I enjoyed my second year at HFWild. You're all fun people to discuss the team with. Have a good Summer to anyone that won't be around for offseason talk.

plock

Sonic Reducer
Oct 5, 2013
Mill City
That line of thinking is what keeps the latter employed. Vanek is more costly than anything and more often than not ended plays in turnovers.

Pompoms at least has a history of showing up and performing on this team without being a complete anchor most of the time. Though it would seem he forgot how one-timers work, which is a tad worrying.
There are turnovers all the time in hockey, a lot of very good players have high turnover rates.If you expect Vanek to be a heavy forechecking board grinder you are gonna be disappointed.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
It seems like moment got to big for the vets, while the kids (Dumba, Granlund, Nino) rose to the occasion. Sort of the opposite of the way it's supposed to be, no?

Suter and Koivu were especially disappointing. Looked old and slow, which is scary considering the dollars involved.

SMTHook

Mar 23, 2015
That didn't go the way I hoped or thought it would. It was a very nice run. Horrible ending but probably the most fun team for me not called the North Stars. After all it ends badly for all but one team. Now I believe that team is the Hawks. Tip of the cap Chicago. Great squad. Cya next season boys.

melinko

Jun 13, 2010
Minnesota
Hawks were better in every area of the game throughout the whole series. Without one of Coyle/Granlund/Zucker/Nino breaking out into a point per game player its hard to see what would make the future any different.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad