GDT: Wild @ Stars - 7PM Central - FSN - Déjà vu?

Status
Not open for further replies.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Lmao, are you kidding me? I could play d better than Murphy. He was a direct cause to 2 of Dallas’ 3 goals. He had what seemed like endless amounts of turnovers. Easily the worst dman on the ice tonight. Murphy was horrible in Iowa and is horrible here. Brodin can only cover his mistakes for so long.
Eh, I'm using to Brodin playing with crap Dmen. Sorta his thing. So besides bringing up another LHD, you also want to bring up a RHD? Who, Belpedio? I have no clue who Grant is. I mean, the situation is hardly ideal... we lucked out with Seeler as a sound third pairing guy, but now we need another, as well as a RHD. Don't see it happening...hope I'm wrong. This Olofsson C couldn't have come at a worse time, assuming that Suter is out for a while.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Brodin was the reason for the 1st goal.
Completely disagree. He joined the rush and there were still two guys behind him so he *should* be safe in doing so. Murphy was burned for a breakaway.
Eh, I'm using to Brodin playing with crap Dmen. Sorta his thing. So besides bringing up another LHD, you also want to bring up a RHD? Who, Belpedio? I have no clue who Grant is. I mean, the situation is hardly ideal... we lucked out with Seeler as a sound third pairing guy, but now we need another, as well as a RHD. Don't see it happening...hope I'm wrong. This Olofsson C couldn't have come at a worse time, assuming that Suter is out for a while.
Soucy, Bouramman, Loov, Menell. I believe Belpedio is on an ATO. No idea if any of those players are injured.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Using my innate ability to scout players with nothing more than HDB, I'm gonna guess Soucy?:dunno:
going off of their +/- numbers, I'm not sure Loov or Belpedio have found their own end of the rink yet. Mennell is interesting though. Wild were really high on him in camp, had a really rough start in Iowa but his numbers have evened out as the year has gone on.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Completely disagree. He joined the rush and there were still two guys behind him so he *should* be safe in doing so. Murphy was burned for a breakaway.

Soucy, Bouramman, Loov, Menell. I believe Belpedio is on an ATO. No idea if any of those players are injured.
He jumped into the rush during a line change and then went "deer in the headlights" when the puck was turned over. Then he turned away from the puck and towards the line change. Couldn't have played it worse. Blaming Murphy, who was just getting on the ice is, silly.

HwT

Mar 9, 2017
Finland
Sort of glad I missed this one. Based on highlights, the defensive effort was some of the worst I have ever seen from the Wild. Passes to opponent's stick, players caught out of position, forwards being lazy about coming back to their own end. Just awful. Boudreau really needs to yell at this team.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Sort of glad I missed this one. Based on highlights, the defensive effort was some of the worst I have ever seen from the Wild. Passes to opponent's stick, players caught out of position, forwards being lazy about coming back to their own end. Just awful. Boudreau really needs to yell at this team.
Nobody played a good game, but I thought the D were better than the forwards. Staal and Zucker were flat out brutal.

HwT

Mar 9, 2017
Finland
Nobody played a good game, but I thought the D were better than the forwards. Staal and Zucker were flat out brutal.

Absolutely. Of course meant the whole team's defensive effort. Though Brodin & Murphy pair seemed brutal out there. Also, Zucker and Staal seemed to have a "controller disconnected" moment on Dallas' second goal.

Edit: Controlled -> Controller

Last edited:

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Absolutely. Of course meant the whole team's defensive effort. Though Brodin & Murphy pair seemed brutal out there. Also, Zucker and Staal seemed to have a "controlled disconnected" moment on Dallas' second goal.
And the 3rd. Was also Staal's turn over that led to the 1st goal.

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
Murphy was awful, game was awful, but dunno if I care about that. Without Suter we're pretty much done. Playoffs or not.

Yeah, it looked like broken leg when saw the slo-mo too.

Last edited:

Northerner

Feb 23, 2017
Can we trade back for Reilly? lol

I love how people all of a sudden now see how valuable a guy who eats more minutes than anyone in the NHL is.

SMDH

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Looking back. 1st GA is on Staal. 2nd GA is on Greenway. 3rd GA is on Murphy. All 3 of the goals were from TO in the neutral zone. 4th GA was EN from behind their blue line, no real fault on that.

I didn't have a problem with how Dub played. He maybe could have stopped all 3 of the goals if he had his "A" game, but I don't think any of them were soft goals. The only line that showed up to play was the 4th line.

Wild did have some chances at a couple of wide open nets but couldn't finish.

Losing Suter "insert swear words".

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Looking back. 1st GA is on Staal. 2nd GA is on Greenway. 3rd GA is on Murphy. All 3 of the goals were from TO in the neutral zone. 4th GA was EN from behind their blue line, no real fault on that.

I didn't have a problem with how Dub played. He maybe could have stopped all 3 of the goals if he had his "A" game, but I don't think any of them were soft goals. The only line that showed up to play was the 4th line.

Wild did have some chances at a couple of wide open nets but couldn't finish.

Losing Suter "insert swear words".
Turning the puck over in the nuetral zone doesn't automatically make the goal "on you". The 2nd and 3rd goals were not scored because of the initial turnover, both were scored by nobody picking up the trailer coming into the play.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Turning the puck over in the nuetral zone doesn't automatically make the goal "on you". The 2nd and 3rd goals were not scored because of the initial turnover, both were scored by nobody picking up the trailer coming into the play.

The TO in the neutral zone was the catalyst for all three GA was all I was saying.
The reasons I say the GA were on Greenway and Murphy:
-Murphy after his TO collapsing on the guy Dumba and Staal had along the boards instead of staying in the middle of the ice on the shortie.
-Greenway doing whatever it was he was doing along the side of the net after his TO. He stops at the hashmarks instead of getting sucked low and covering nothing and there isn't a wide open shot from the slot. Suter, Dumba, and Greenway had a nice triangle and the setup was good when the cross-ice pass happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad