GDT: Wild @ Stars - 7PM Central - FSN - Déjà vu?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
:wild

Zucker - Staal - Niederreiter
Parise - Koivu - Granlund
Greenway - Cullen - Coyle
Winnik - Eriksson-Ek - Foligno

Suter - Dumba
Brodin - Murphy
Seeler - Prosser

Dubnyk

:stars

Benn - Seguin - Radulov
Roussel - Faksa - Pitlick
Janmark - Shore - Ritchie
Dickinson - Spezza - Elie

Lindell - Klingberg
Hamhuis - Pateryn
Methot - Johns

Lehtonen

----------------------------------------
The Opponent

For the second time in the span of 48 hours, the Wild will face off against the Dallas Stars, this time at American Airlines Center.

Minnesota won 5-2 against the Stars on Thursday, but lost 6-1 on Feb. 3 in its only other trip to Dallas this season .

Overall, Dallas has lost nine of its past 10, with its lone victory coming in a 3-2 overtime win against Philadelphia on Tuesday night. Saturday's contest marks the Stars' final home game this season. Like Minnesota, Dallas will embark on a season-ending road trip to California next week.

The Stars are led offensively by Tyler Seguin, who is one goal shy of his first-ever 40-goal season. His 39 goals are already two better than his previous career high. He also has 74 points on the year.

Jamie Benn needs one goal to reach 30. Alexander Radulov has 27 goals and 67 points, while defenseman John Klingberg leads all NHL blueliners with 55 assists.

Goaltender Kari Lehtonen is expected to get the start. Lehtonen is 13-14-3 with a 2.52 goals-against average and a .910 save percentage on the season. He made 17 saves in the game against the Wild on Thursday.

----------------------------------------

One site has the Wild with a 99% chance of making the playoffs, with Dallas at 0.0%, though not technically eliminated. Might as well keep those numbers on the extreme end after tonight. Let's take care of business before having to worry about the Cali trip.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bazeek

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Worries about missing the playoffs are at about 0 right now and it's tempting to start thinking about that WC1 spot.... but mostly I just want to stomp Dallas tonight.

Bender14

Mar 23, 2018
USA
Crazy to think two weeks ago this game would have been HUGE and now it’s almost an afterthought. A win tonight and in our final home game would just about do it. Hopefully we come out flying and the final is a repeat of Thursday night.

StealthClobber

A Digital Frontier.
Feb 7, 2013
Minnetonka, MN
Can mathematically eliminate Dallas tonight with a regulation win, while also ascending our playoff chances to almost clinch territory. I think I read somewhere that the earliest we can clinch is April 2nd.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
A win tonight would be excellent. I'd be almost 100% sure that we're in, even if we technically don't mathematically clinch.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
A win tonight would be excellent. I'd be almost 100% sure that we're in, even if we technically don't mathematically clinch.
I'm already there myself...

Also, Go Wild!

tumblr_lyjn2xq9yl1r6wyj1.gif

Reactions: 2Pair

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
this could get ugly & turn into slapshot tonight, id rest staal, zucker , granlund & suter. the dallas ship is sinking , lets hope they dont take us down with em.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
this could get ugly & turn into slapshot tonight, id rest staal, zucker , granlund & suter. the dallas ship is sinking , lets hope they dont take us down with em.
How do you suggest that the Wild would be able to rest 4 guys with Spurgeon and Olofsson already hurt?

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
How do you suggest that the Wild would be able to rest 4 guys with Spurgeon and Olofsson already hurt?
Don't have the cap space to rest 4 and ice a full lineup. The cap is still real until the season ends. That's why we had to send Mitchell down when we signed Greenway.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Don't have the cap space to rest 4 and ice a full lineup. The cap is still real until the season ends. That's why we had to send Mitchell down when we signed Greenway.
I think most of us know that. I just wanted to hear how Dano would pull it off.

Drewcifer

Oct 10, 2006
Minneapolis
Apparently there is a pregame ceremony celebrating 25 years of Dallas Stars hockey. It would be nice if we mathematically eliminated them on the night they are dancing on the graves of the Northstars. We will find out if the hockey gods love us.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Apparently there is a pregame ceremony celebrating 25 years of Dallas Stars hockey. It would be nice if we mathematically eliminated them on the night they are dancing on the graves of the Northstars. We will find out if the hockey gods love us.
They're honoring Modano tonight too. And with the final anniversary celebration, it wouldn't be shocking to see Norm "Greed" there. How wonderful. Yeah, I hope the boys are prepared for a hard battle tonight. The ceremony + playing the role of spoilers + pride + built up frustration/anger from being beat on Thursday = a very dangerous Stars' team.

Nobody get hurt!

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
They're honoring Modano tonight too. And with the final anniversary celebration, it wouldn't be shocking to see Norm "Greed" there. How wonderful. Yeah, I hope the boys are prepared for a hard battle tonight. The ceremony + playing the role of spoilers + pride + built up frustration/anger from being beat on Thursday = a very dangerous Stars' team.

Nobody get hurt!
Do they give that clown a ceremony every time the Wild play the Stars?

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
The Wild don't appear to be real interested in working much tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad