Status
Not open for further replies.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
That makes no sense. If you have a full NMC you don't need a modified NTC
No move means not waivable or tradable. We can't waive him for the life of the deal, I think we can only trade him to limited options in the final 2 years.

It gives the Wild an out in the final 2 years though limited.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
No move means not waivable or tradable. We can't waive him for the life of the deal, I think we can only trade him to limited options in the final 2 years.

It gives the Wild an out in the final 2 years though limited.
Yes, a full NMC means he can't be waived or traded for the life of the contract. If he has a limited NTC at any point of the deal, then he doesn't have a full NMC.

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
An actual signing!? I see Zuccarello as likeable guy and player. Hopefully will do well with the Wild.

Now it looks more and more like Fenton isn't rebuilding, but he's trying to retool? We'll see how it pans out.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Yes, a full NMC means he can't be waived or traded for the life of the contract. If he has a limited NTC at any point of the deal, then he doesn't have a full NMC.
Right. That's why I'm so confused as well.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
First 3 years full NMC. Final 2 years modified.

Just an error in the wording given in the tweet, but the point came across.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
After thinking about it, do we even have 5 forwards we'll want to protect after Zucc and Parise are forced to be protected?

Kaprizov and Boldy will be exempt.

Parise, Zuccarello, Fiala, Donato, Greenway, Kunin and Eriksson Ek makes 7. No idea if Zucker is going to be on the team 2 months from now, let alone 2 years from now.

Which young player are we losing?

Yeah, I came to that realization after.

Placid

Feb 17, 2010
So we have a chance to get rid of him if things don't pan out in years 1-3? I'm okay with that.
yeah, the way i read that is that years 1 through 3 (age 32 to 35), he has a full No Move Clause. In years 4 and 5 (age 36 - 37) he has a modified No Trade Clause with 10 teams they cannot deal him to. It gives the Wild a potential "out" if things dont go as hoped, or if they decide to make major changes to the organization, with 20+ teams that he can be dealt to (there are what, 30 teams now? With his NMC, he'll be protected through the upcoming expansion draft (in 2021).

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I'm ok with the clause... I was worried it may be a year too long, we can do something about it if needed.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
How the frak do you give a 32 year old a NMC with an expansion draft coming up. No one else was giving him the 5th year. How do you fold on term and trade protection.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
How the frak do you give a 32 year old a NMC with an expansion draft coming up. No one else was giving him the 5th year. How do you fold on term and trade protection.
Nobody is signing a deal today without considerations for the expansion draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad