Confirmed with Link: Wild Sign Zuccarello 5yrs $6m aav

Status
Not open for further replies.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
A year too long in term, but the money is spot on. Good deal.

Glad to see the influx of needed skill!

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
Considering what I just saw Panarin get, and no obviously I'm making no comparison between the two players skill wise, I am happy to get this.

Reactions: FVM and TaLoN

StateofCelly

Jan 5, 2017
A year too long in term, but the money is spot on. Good deal.

Glad to see the influx of needed skill!

Will be interesting to see the full details of the deal, if there is a no trade/no move or what that all looks like. If after 3 years we aren't anchored then it's a definite win.

Reactions: AJ Thelen and TaLoN

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Will be interesting to see the full details of the deal, if there is a no trade/no move or what that all looks like. If after 3 years we aren't anchored then it's a definite win.
If this contract doesn't have trade protection I'm going to have to start giving Fenton a little more credit.

elnewby

Feb 21, 2012
MT
I'm officially neutral on this. Like the player, money is fine, term is maybe a year too long but...

I just don't see us being able to keep up in the Central.

Reactions: 16thOverallSaveUs

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I'm officially neutral on this. Like the player, money is fine, term is maybe a year too long but...

I just don't see us being able to keep up in the Central.
I don't know, with a healthy Dumba we still have an elite top 4, we weren't that far out last season with Dumba missing more than half a season. If we can get in, and if Kaprizov can join for a playoff run, could make some noise.

brainfreeze

Jul 12, 2012
Bemidji
Not disappointed or overly excited. I've always liked Zuccarello, and I definitely like him better than any of the other names that were possibilities. Maybe not for 5 years at that age but that's the price ya gotta pay I suppose.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN

Yikes!

Does that mean no trade possibility until year 4 and 5 when it's limited or that he's tradable before that and only limited those 2 years?

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
So...

Years 1-3 : Full NMC
Yeasr 4-5: 1o-team NTC

Not great but the compromise on years 4 and 5 is still a relief. I'm not sure that the Seattle draft is that much of a problem; if he's not worth protecting at that point we've got bigger problems.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN

So full no-move the first three years, then 10-team no trade the last two? Am I reading that right?

It's not horrible. The likelihood he gets traded in the first few years is small anyway. Still wish it wasn't included.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad