Confirmed with Link: Wild Sign Zuccarello 5yrs $6m aav

Status
Not open for further replies.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
That article is pure garbage. If Dallas had the 3rd best offseason just for signing Pavelski, then San Jose certainly can't be in the top 5 for losing him and a bunch of other quality players. Vegas also appears to get praise for having to give players away

Yeah signing Pavelski who's 35 for 3 yrs is just fine. But signing Zuccarello who's 31 is bad, he's too old, despite having much lower mileage in this league. Where's this writer's logic? This shows how much knowledge he lacks.

Oh yeah "we love Zuccarello" he said, but they don't respect his skills and experience. Not even the fact that he became the best player for the Stars in the playoffs helps.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
To settle this once and for all, from Russo's mailbag:

Why does Mats Zuccarello have a full no-move clause throughout and a 10-team no-trade clause the last two years? Isn’t that redundant?
— Jackson P.
It’s not redundant in his case. The full no-move ensures a very restrictive clause that prohibits the Wild from exposing him in the 2021 expansion draft and ensures that he cannot be put on waivers throughout his contract. But Zuccarello agreed to give the Wild a right to trade him only in the final two years of the contract by submitting a 10-team no-trade list. Basically, the no-move protects Zuccarello from trade the first three years, from playing for Seattle and from ever playing in the minors and the modified no-trade gives the Wild some flexibility in case they want to explore trading him later in his contract.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
I think Fenton got this fixed. #36 is Zuccarello's trademark, important for ticket sales ;)

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
I think Fenton got this fixed. #36 is Zuccarello's trademark, important for ticket sales ;)

If Fenton had to get involved in something like this? Then your boy isn't half the man that you claim him to be.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
If Fenton had to get involved in something like this? Then your boy isn't half the man that you claim him to be.

You got it all wrong.

Zucc said he's fine with another number, it's not a big deal to him.
But it seems like it's a bigger deal to Fenton, probably for commercial reasons. Zucc sells tickets and jerseys, Seeler doesn't.

Reactions: a79krgm

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
You got it all wrong.

Zucc said he's fine with another number, it's not a big deal to him.
But it seems like it's a bigger deal to Fenton, probably for commercial reasons. Zucc sells tickets and jerseys, Seeler doesn't.
Not sure what I could have wrong when I directly quoted you? There's no f***ing chance that Fenton gives a flying f*** about what number Zuccarello wears.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN

Doubt Fenton had any impact in that, pretty sure that was either Seeler making the decision on his own, or Zucc and Seeler coming to an agreement.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Zuccarello had some training on the ice with Henrik Lundqvist today in Sweden.

I like his red Wild jersey.

But Rangers fans are still crying, and want him back..

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
I always liked Schultzy. Not a bad defenseman, but not a great defenseman. He was the Brodin of the early team.
Dude was a monster when paired with Burns.

As he aged and the game got faster, he declined rapidly, but he held down the blueline fort for the early years when it was undermanned and their were no reinforcements coming.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
If people are thinking that this firing is Leipold shifting into "rebuild" mode, I think they're going to have a bad time.

The next guy that's brought in is going to get the same direction that Fenton had, just with a "do better" addendum.

Yeah I got a kick of the people on the main board saying “now the Wild can finally tear it down like they need to”

AJ Thelen

Nov 19, 2010
Pontypandy
Zuccarello being Zuccarello when his childhood team had a kickoff earlier today.

"Very cool that Zucca on his own initiative shows up at the barbecue after VIF's first official ice training, eats a hot dog, strolls around, poses for pictures and chats with big and small. Very many who makes much less than a quarter of a billion had been too cool. Good man!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad