Confirmed with Link: Wild sign Nico Sturm

Status
Not open for further replies.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I like Fehr, and he's cheap, but with Ek, Staal, Rask(yech), eventually Mikko, and Kunin as a backup C. I don't see the need for Fehr. I actually like Fehr more than Rask, but what can you do? I could see Sturm playing up here if he continues to show well. He seems to have the size, strength, speed, and two way play ability.

Eventually we might see a bit of Shaw, or Dewar next year? Dewar was an overager, wasn't he? I guess COR is out of the question?

Brown is the one guy who probably should be replaced.

The fun part with Sturm is the hope that he can actually score at the NHL level, while we know that Fehr can't.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
I like Fehr, and he's cheap, but with Ek, Staal, Rask(yech), eventually Mikko, and Kunin as a backup C. I don't see the need for Fehr. I actually like Fehr more than Rask, but what can you do? I could see Sturm playing up here if he continues to show well. He seems to have the size, strength, speed, and two way play ability.

Eventually we might see a bit of Shaw, or Dewar next year? Dewar was an overager, wasn't he? I guess COR is out of the question?

Brown is the one guy who probably should be replaced.

The fun part with Sturm is the hope that he can actually score at the NHL level, while we know that Fehr can't.
Fehr takes Brown's job. Get rid of Foligno, and let Rask, Ek, and Sturm battle for 3rd and 4th line spots

TLP

Apr 9, 2018
Guys, he’s turning 24 in May.
You have a lot of much younger and soon to be much better kids in the pipeline.

ebergeist

Apr 29, 2018
Finnland
Any rumors? I noticed that Nico Sturm is doing some training at the moment in the Wild facility, are they going to re-sign him for the next season?

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Any rumors? I noticed that Nico Sturm is doing some training at the moment in the Wild facility, are they going to re-sign him for the next season?

I would assume that’s the idea. Don’t think they signed him to play 2 games and then go elsewhere.

Reactions: Lapa and ebergeist

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
He was impressive against Calgary. He was so effective on the forecheck and backcheck. Just closed so much distance in a hurry and just smothered the Flames players with his reach. His offense was just a bonus. He was flying around and reading the play well.

JEE and Sturm might be one hell of a pair of two-way centers.

Reactions: 57special

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
He’ll be a fine bottom half of the lineup center. He moves well and can make plays. If him or Ek find themselves having a role in our top 6 someday, stab pencils in your eyes.

Reactions: Bazeek
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce