Confirmed with Link: Wild sign Nico Sturm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goose312

May 15, 2015
anyone know what he means by thanking donato? i know i read donato played vs him in college.
From the article:
The bubbly, energetic Donato sold Sturm on what it’s like in Minnesota and where the Wild could be going in the future with Fiala, himself, Sturm and fellow youngsters Luke Kunin, Jordan Greenway, Joel Eriksson Ek and — in a few years — Kirill Kaprizov.
Sturm and Donato plan to spend time in Minnesota this offseason training.

Also mentions the two have the same agent. Probably got to talk a fair bit.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
awesome thank you. if we have donato - sturm - fiala then greenway - ek - kunin to look forward to as our future, i sure as hell hope sturm is a top 6 C.
You're much better of hoping that Sturm can fill Fehr's role.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
oh i know. just wishful hoping is all. projected 4th liner at best by experts. who knows i have never watched him play

Not sure about 4th liner at best. He’s a Hobey finalist and had like 45 points in 39 games or something. I don’t think it’s out of line to hope for 40-50 points knowing he likely won’t make it.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Dunno if that is a good thing considering Fenton's first ever first round pick.
Which is why I'm not getting bent out of shape about where we draft. Even if we finished in the top 5, he'd probably pick some guy further down. Just no faith at the moment.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I wonder if he takes a defenseman there considering most of the centers will be gone and him thinking we have enough forwards.

I mean I fully expect it.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
Not sure about 4th liner at best. He’s a Hobey finalist and had like 45 points in 39 games or something. I don’t think it’s out of line to hope for 40-50 points knowing he likely won’t make it.
It was a scouting report i read on him. in the scouts eyes he is 4th liner at best. if he exceeds that awesome. i have no expectations for him considering i have never seen him play.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
It was a scouting report i read on him. in the scouts eyes he is 4th liner at best. if he exceeds that awesome. i have no expectations for him considering i have never seen him play.
Undrafted free agents rarely have glowing scouting reports, but some... not many, but some become good NHL players, not just 4th liners.

That said, I never expect much, but can't hate on free prospects.

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
I really like Sturm, but I think at best he could become a very good 3C, who is tough to play against and can provide a bit of offense.

But who knows, he is very driven and has steadily improved his game every year. When he made the move to North America I thought it was crazy to expect him to succeed there, but he exceeded all expectations so far. I hope that continues.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
Undrafted free agents rarely have glowing scouting reports, but some... not many, but some become good NHL players, not just 4th liners.

That said, I never expect much, but can't hate on free prospects.
im hoping he grows into a strong middle 6 C. he apparently has the tools to be a solid 3C but who knows until we see him play thursday.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I thought he looked surprisingly good. Most first time players have trouble adjusting to the speed of the NHL but he looked fine in that regard, and he also looked strong on his skates. Didn't see much in the way of puck skills, but his positioning and puck battle skills were also OK. All in all, he was impressive, though I have low expectations.

I definitely want to see more of him. If he has any offensive ability at all then we've got something.

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
I'm taking it with a slight pinch of salt due to the fact that he was the only one trying, but I agree he definitely stood out in a good way. It was absolutely hilarious though when they introduced him for starting lineups and the graphic on the big screen was for Matt Cullen :laugh:

a79krgm

Jul 15, 2006
White Bear Lake
www.northstarshockey.com
I'm a little skeptical when I here a rookie promoting himself as a hard working two-way player as that could be code for "I won't generate offense". But, I'm not sure. I liked his skating skills. Seems to have quickness for a big man. Perhaps he could contribute offensively. Can he replace Fehr next year? Or is that too much to ask?

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
I'm a little skeptical when I here a rookie promoting himself as a hard working two-way player as that could be code for "I won't generate offense". But, I'm not sure. I liked his skating skills. Seems to have quickness for a big man. Perhaps he could contribute offensively. Can he replace Fehr next year? Or is that too much to ask?
i think he would be better suited as 1C in iowa over that if we want to develope his offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad