Confirmed with Link: Wild sign Kyle Quincey, 1 year, $1.25M

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Probably better than addressing it via trade, which is what I was starting to wonder about. Not that Quincey is exciting, but the contract's fine.

Wonder where the rest of our cap space is going...

Mnsportsfan22

Apr 5, 2013
Maybe?
Suter dumba
Olofsson spurge
Quincey brodin
Idk just throwing things out here... I guess we just want depth for olofsson to?

TwiztedHeat

Feb 6, 2010
What is the point of Quincey over Folin except to spend more money? Didn't want Leopold last year and now he signs Quincey this year? Makes no sense.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Maybe?
Suter dumba
Olofsson spurge
Quincey brodin
Idk just throwing things out here... I guess we just want depth for olofsson to?

Quincey plays on his off side a lot of the time already. Brodin will be in the second pair left side, Quincey the 3rd pair right side.

TwiztedHeat

Feb 6, 2010
Quincey moved to the right to play with Dekeyser if I remember correctly. That pair wasn't very good however.

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
Wanted an older and more expensive one just for fun or panicked when Folin and Postma slipped through fingers?

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Wanted an older and more expensive one just for fun or panicked when Folin and Postma slipped through fingers?

Wanted someone more experienced to play with Olofsson on the bottom pairing. I think it's pretty straightforward.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Dang, I didn't know signing cheap 6th and 7th or 8th defensemen could result in so much rage. Be cool, guys, these are cheap depth signings. What were people expecting?

Jugitsu

Dec 24, 2016
Finland

I've watched enough Jets' games past year to safely say that I'm extremely glad the Wild didn't go after Postma.

Losing Folin either isn't the end of the world. He clearly didn't want to stay in Minnesota, if what Russo say is true about the Wild not being able to get Folin to stay with the same price as Kings did.

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
Over 500 games of NHL experience, good size, reasonable bottom pair 7th guy deal.

Again, I really don't see why anyone would be upset with this.

Suter, Spurgeon, Brodin, Dumba, Olofsson, Reilly, Murphy, Quincey, and likely Prosser.

Good depth, and no big money outside the top 4.

Olofsson, Reilly, Murphy, and Quincey combined make about what Marco was making.

Depth is good. Short term is good. I have no complaints.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Over 500 games of NHL experience, good size, reasonable bottom pair 7th guy deal.

Again, I really don't see why anyone would be upset with this.

Suter, Spurgeon, Brodin, Dumba, Olofsson, Reilly, Murphy, Quincey, and likely Prosser.

Good depth, and no big money outside the top 4.

Olofsson, Reilly, Murphy, and Quincey combined make about what Marco was making.

Depth is good. Short term is good. I have no complaints.

I don't see the problem either. All they need is a guy to play next to Olofsson and be fairly consistent on a cheap, short-term contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce