Confirmed with Link: Wild sign Jordie Benn - 1 yr $900k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Maybe what he had up his sleeve was scuttled due to the Kaprizov negotiations. It's kinda tough to take on additional salary if the team's most important player isn't signed.
I think that's pretty likely, but I also think they should have done a better job anticipating how that negotiation would go. Kaprizov moving from Milstein to Theophanous should have at least put the possibility of a long-term offer being rejected on their radar. It's entirely possible that they would have dragged this negotiation out regardless, but that possibility should have been accounted for. From both what Russo's said about the team's internal reactions and the way the offseason has played out, they didn't see it coming at all.

I appreciate that we all have to work within the limitations of circumstance, but at some point it's the GM's job to manipulate circumstances in a way that benefits the team. To my eyes Guerin's approach so far has been mostly reactive, which doesn't build a lot of confidence. For all I know it'll work out fine, especially after the team exceeded my expectations last year, but overall it just seems weak.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
No, you can have expectations. You just can't(shouldn't) get mad when those expectations don't align with reality.
You can get mad about how you feel things should be done vs how they are being done. Just because a person doesn't have direct control, doesn't mean they don't have the ability to criticize those who do.

If you judge a decision to be poor, you have every right to voice that opinion. That doesn't mean much in the end, because others have every right to criticize your opinion as well.

It's how fans vent when they don't see things "going well".
So if I expect the Vikes to win the Super Bowl this year. I should get upset that they don’t?

Nah. You’re being foolish with your expectations. Expectations that had no basis in reality, just a narrative that you created in your own head
You can be mad over the path that led them to the poor expected season in the first place.
You can do what you want (and you know this...this is just you being you)....all I'm saying is if people hate the moves and hate the team do much...why be fans of it? If all you do as a fan is complain...why be a fan?
There's your disconnect. Just because you "hate the moves" doesn't mean you "hate the team". Those are two completely separate things.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad