GDT: Wild @ Sharks "No More MN Nice Guy" || 9.30 PM CDT || FSN

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
I think we all know this team is not upper tier. They have some talent though that has put them mid-pack from being bad the last few years.

The big question is, is it personnel, chemistry, or coaching? Offense or defense? Or both?

My guess is its coaching and defense. I think our forward corps is fine. Our defense is weak, obviously. But the difference is in the preparation and mind set, which I just don't think Yeo has a handle on. Chemistry is also an issue, but that can be partially attributed to all the lineup chances that have happened as of late.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
i wish we would have spent more time building chemistry & developing the prospects as this years goal, however this is a win at all costs / results business. i will have low expectations going into the playoffs (assuming we get in). how long before all of you expect this team to be a contender? 2?3?4? ( more years)

llamapalooza

Hockey State Expat
Aug 11, 2010
Montréal
i wish we would have spent more time building chemistry & developing the prospects as this years goal, however this is a win at all costs / results business. i will have low expectations going into the playoffs (assuming we get in). how long before all of you expect this team to be a contender? 2?3?4? ( more years)

The Wild are and will always be three years from being a contender.

Uberdachen

Posts Last 5 Minutes
Sep 5, 2012
Pants.
Another lovely evening spent kicked back in my chair like Christ the Redeemer holding one middle finger up to the window and the other to the tv.

wildsad.png

THEALLKNOWING*

Yeo/coaches are absolutely clueless when it comes to playing Backstrom. For crying out loud, he's in his mid-30's.

I have absolutely soured on Parise. What has his supposed experience in the playoffs done in this battle for the playoffs. Zip. He is a role player, an opportunistic goal-scorer, who has no ability to generate offense on his own. Lightweight. Second coming of the Mark Parrish contract…stop me any time you want on this rant.

Church Hill

I'd drink it
Nov 16, 2007
Yeo/coaches are absolutely clueless when it comes to playing Backstrom. For crying out loud, he's in his mid-30's.

I have absolutely soured on Parise. What has his supposed experience in the playoffs done in this battle for the playoffs. Zip. He is a role player, an opportunistic goal-scorer, who has no ability to generate offense on his own. Lightweight. Second coming of the Mark Parrish contract…stop me any time you want on this rant.

I know this isn't my team's board, but I have to chime in here.

If the bolded isn't sarcasm, then it is perhaps the most insanely incorrect thing I've read on HFBoards in my time here, and I've seen threads comparing Crosby to third liners.

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
I know this isn't my team's board, but I have to chime in here.

If the bolded isn't sarcasm, then it is perhaps the most insanely incorrect thing I've read on HFBoards in my time here, and I've seen threads comparing Crosby to third liners.

Ignore him. He is leading a crusade against Zack Parise and has been ever since the Wild signed him. :shakehead

chrisclark110

Mar 20, 2013
Sharks are trapping.
This is literally the most boring game ever.
The Sharks are so boring, most boring in the league.
On a serious note, sucks what happened with heater/Vlassic. Big fan of Danny.
Havlat is consistently garbage. He just floats around and sits in any open spot on the ice and never keeps his feet moving. He loses the puck at the blue line and I've never seen a player so scared to get hit. Sheppards been good in his limited time with pavelski and Burns is a beast.

You guys got coyle though, that trade made me want to cry.
Good luck guys!

THEALLKNOWING*

But he's a season ticket holder!!!!

Guess whose jealous? Just think about all of the ice I can see that you can't on TV. Helps make my opinion more informed.

My NYC friend was right, Pomenville better player than Parise.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Good grief. Parise has been off his game for a while. So has the whole ****ing team. No reason to single him out.

Northland Wild Man

Finnesotans?
Jun 14, 2011
Grand Forks, ND
It's absolutely ridiculous that a team with Parise, Koivu, and Pominville on the roster is having trouble scoring.

IMO we need some guys to come in and put the fear of God into opposing players. Yes that means dirty goons. The players we have are either incapable or are being told not to hit anyone and it's making me sick. Hockey is not meant to be played that way. Hockey is as much about intimidation as it is about goal scoring. If these players would intimidate opponents physically they would get more space to make plays everywhere on the ice.

THEALLKNOWING*

1 goal in 10 games during the key stretch from Parise is apparently acceptable for some, despite the $7.5mm contract. Not me, excuses such as everyone not performing, doesn't cut it considering his reputation.

For those whining about season ticket holders, buy some. Your perspective will change, particularly if you have paid for them consistently for a period of years, with no results.

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
1 goal in 10 games during the key stretch from Parise is apparently acceptable for some, despite the $7.5mm contract. Not me, excuses such as everyone not performing, doesn't cut it considering his reputation.

For those whining about season ticket holders, buy some. Your perspective will change, particularly if you have paid for them consistently for a period of years, with no results.

We're not whining about STHs. We're whining about one in particular.

Victorious Secret

2024 Lottery Winner
Jul 18, 2011
Matt's Meat Market
Wait did this guy really post that?

I have him on ignore. Did he actually post what you quoted?

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Yes, to the T.

Honestly, I went to my first NHL game in 6 years a couple weeks ago. As fun as it was, I'd rather watch it on television. Dallas didn't show a single replay other than goals and it was a mediocre atmosphere. People didn't know hockey. You see so much more on television.

saywut

Jun 11, 2009
I think we all know this team is not upper tier. They have some talent though that has put them mid-pack from being bad the last few years.

The big question is, is it personnel, chemistry, or coaching? Offense or defense? Or both?

For me, the biggest problem is personnel. The players are not playing the system properly, they are hanging their linemates out to dry, and there's no urgency. Too much soft, lazy play and it leads to no possession, no establishing the fore-check, just chasing the puck and changing. It's not like its one player or one line, I seem to get frustrated with every skater every period at least once, just terrible decisions. Stop trying to make the "maybe" play and make the simple play. Play smart situational hockey, stop getting caught trying to press in situations we don't need to. Team has been far too aggressive as a whole and its led to far too many odd-man rushes the other way, playing the system properly wouldn't lead to these chances.

Play a simple game and outwork the opponent, make them respect you. Then you can start to open it up and get creative, but you've got to make your opponent respect the simple game first.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad