GDT: Wild @ Sharks "No More MN Nice Guy" || 9.30 PM CDT || FSN

GopherState

Repeat Offender...
Aug 8, 2008
X Marks The Spot
I feel this is the 1st time in a long while where you posted something insightful.

Instead of something clever or witty about FSN or something :laugh:

hB9C1841WaOfmHggv8Xi.gif

Karl

Feb 4, 2005
The State of Hockey
Anything could happen in the playoffs if we get in. If you get in and lose all 4 who cares, you are just cannon fodder.

Small steps. Yes it would suck getting swept, but it would be a building block for a team filled with young talent and star talent thrown together in a locked out shortened season. Just imagine what they will do with a year of experience and a whole summer, training camp, and practices will do. This team is right where everyone expected this team to be. Get in and give them Hell as long as they are in their.

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
Small steps. Yes it would suck getting swept, but it would be a building block for a team filled with young talent and star talent thrown together in a locked out shortened season. Just imagine what they will do with a year of experience and a whole summer, training camp, and practices will do. This team is right where everyone expected this team to be. Get in and give them Hell as long as they are in their.

I agree. I said before the season that I'm expecting the Wild to compete for the 8th seed in the West. It's like some people were expecting a Stanley Cup this season... Even if this team was totally gelled together, the defense still wouldn't be even close to Stanley Cup caliber. Sorry to say, but it's true.

Eh, losing this game isn't a disaster, but they need to get it together and win Calgary again on Sunday.

Eagle Claw

Jan 25, 2013
Finland
Yeo killed this team in the locker room tonight

He dont give permission for any kind off retaliation it's like the heatley beating never happened but it did!

Thats why wild lost they were mentally told to play sharks with no "past"
How do you play without ANY emotion good enough to win ??

NO you dont unless your goalie steals the game for you

Yeo killed the emotion instead off not retaliating wild didn't earn one damn pp whole game that tells you that the players were told to play with "silk gloves"

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Yeo killed this team in the locker room tonight

He dont give permission for any kind off retaliation it's like the heatley beating never happened but it did!

Thats why wild lost they were mentally told to play sharks with no "past"
How do you play without ANY emotion good enough to win ??

NO you dont unless your goalie steals the game for you

Yeo killed the emotion instead off not retaliating wild didn't earn one damn pp whole game that tells you that the players were told to play with "silk gloves"

Well one way is to pretend that your season is on the line and that you need to win this game to not only get a better seed in the playoffs, but to even make the playoffs maybe.

Billy Mays Here*

Glad I didn't bother watching this one past the 1st period.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.

Need to forget the loss? I disagree. They need to remember it and dissect it piece by piece. This is the kind of game you can learn a lot from because of how many mistakes were made. Mistakes are best utilized as learning opportunities. Forgetting them and moving on just means you'll make them again down the line.

I'm really getting fed up with how things are run on the bench. Yeo should have pulled Backs earlier than after the 5th goal. It was clear the Wild needed a spark much earlier than that.

Furthermore I am really sick to death of our complete lack of physicality and how we try to use finesse so much instead of just doing what we need to do. If we work hard and stop being afraid to get dirty, we end up drawing a couple of penalties and we get a shot with the powerplay.

The total lack of a powerplay tonight means that the Wild were playing with kid-gloves on the whole damn night. I don't know what the hell Yeo is telling them to do, but it is costing us penalties because our guys are not pushing hard enough to force the opposition to take any in games like this. Stop trying to look to pretty and force your way past someone and just watch as a hold or hook gets called on occasion. For ****s sake, be more worried about advancing the puck than falling on your ass. Christ. Use your damn body to get the puck where you want it to go. It's not that hard.

And the forecheck...what is this garbage? All we ever do is send one guy in and all he ends up doing is waving his stick around while the defenseman has all dat to make a pass, and then instead of finishing a check that would be legal as long as you just keep going forward for another half second, we turn like we're running in a speed skating race instead of playing hockey. When you've got a D-Man lined up deep inside his zone you need to hit him and punish him for taking the time to line up his pass so later on in the game, when he's gotten the wind knocked out of him all night, he just gets to the puck and gets rid of it as fast as possible. THATs when the forecheck starts to really work. Take it to the opponents D for gods sake. It's like the whole team thinks they're playing some no-contact game sometimes. ****.

This team really has absolutely no chance against any team that has any degree of real skill and also uses their bodies like hockey players actually should. Yeah, I get it, San Jose is invincible at home this year, but the Wild came into this game completely unprepared, again. They did not have the right mindset, again. They come out slow, again. They take things for granted, again. They don't work hard enough to earn penalties, again.

It's like the team felt like since it got a ******** of goals against the high and mighty Flames and Oilers that suddenly they're suddenly hot **** in a champagne glass. And thanks to that they come out and play like cold diarrhea in a dixie cup. And if you know who I just paraphrased, you are awesome.

What the hell goes on in that locker room before games that leads the team to play so slowly when games are so important? I just dont get it.

And then the system they play just seems to wear everyone out because of how hard everyone has to work in order to get it to be effective. And don't get me wrong, it's GREAT when it actually works, but the Wild have to make such a colossal effort to score sometimes that I really wonder if it's even worth it. I have a feeling that the amount of work required to get anywhere with this system is part of the reason we seem to become injury prone after about 30 games or so. The team needs to work SMARTER, not harder.

Ugh. I have no idea. I'm probably just talking out my ass or something. I'm just sick to death of seeing a team that is as good on paper as the Wild should be constantly coming out and underachieving when any real opponent shows up. The team clearly has problems being properly prepared for games of this magnitude and the only person I can pin that on is Yeo. I am rapidly losing the last shreds of faith I had in him to get things done. I would LOVE to see what a veteran coach could do with this group of players.

I've been in panic mode for a couple weeks now and I am going to stay there until we are a lock for the playoffs, because if the team plays like they did tonight for the final 4 games, it could easily lose every last one of them. And yeah, that's very very unlikely, but so was last years colossal collapse. Impossible is nothing, after all.

My apologies to anyone who was expecting more asterisks. That should be an indication of just how disgusted I am at tonight's loss.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
i turned it off after the sharks 2nd goal. assuming we make the playoffs it will be a step in the right direction for this team however unless the plan is using the ole fletch rope a dope we're not going anywhere in the playoffs. maybe next year!

Victorious Secret

2024 Lottery Winner
Jul 18, 2011
Matt's Meat Market
Need to forget the loss? I disagree. They need to remember it and dissect it piece by piece. This is the kind of game you can learn a lot from because of how many mistakes were made. Mistakes are best utilized as learning opportunities. Forgetting them and moving on just means you'll make them again down the line.

I'm really getting fed up with how things are run on the bench. Yeo should have pulled Backs earlier than after the 5th goal. It was clear the Wild needed a spark much earlier than that.

Furthermore I am really sick to death of our complete lack of physicality and how we try to use finesse so much instead of just doing what we need to do. If we work hard and stop being afraid to get dirty, we end up drawing a couple of penalties and we get a shot with the powerplay.

The total lack of a powerplay tonight means that the Wild were playing with kid-gloves on the whole damn night. I don't know what the hell Yeo is telling them to do, but it is costing us penalties because our guys are not pushing hard enough to force the opposition to take any in games like this. Stop trying to look to pretty and force your way past someone and just watch as a hold or hook gets called on occasion. For ****s sake, be more worried about advancing the puck than falling on your ass. Christ. Use your damn body to get the puck where you want it to go. It's not that hard.

And the forecheck...what is this garbage? All we ever do is send one guy in and all he ends up doing is waving his stick around while the defenseman has all dat to make a pass, and then instead of finishing a check that would be legal as long as you just keep going forward for another half second, we turn like we're running in a speed skating race instead of playing hockey. When you've got a D-Man lined up deep inside his zone you need to hit him and punish him for taking the time to line up his pass so later on in the game, when he's gotten the wind knocked out of him all night, he just gets to the puck and gets rid of it as fast as possible. THATs when the forecheck starts to really work. Take it to the opponents D for gods sake. It's like the whole team thinks they're playing some no-contact game sometimes. ****.

This team really has absolutely no chance against any team that has any degree of real skill and also uses their bodies like hockey players actually should. Yeah, I get it, San Jose is invincible at home this year, but the Wild came into this game completely unprepared, again. They did not have the right mindset, again. They come out slow, again. They take things for granted, again. They don't work hard enough to earn penalties, again.

It's like the team felt like since it got a ******** of goals against the high and mighty Flames and Oilers that suddenly they're suddenly hot **** in a champagne glass. And thanks to that they come out and play like cold diarrhea in a dixie cup. And if you know who I just paraphrased, you are awesome.

What the hell goes on in that locker room before games that leads the team to play so slowly when games are so important? I just dont get it.

And then the system they play just seems to wear everyone out because of how hard everyone has to work in order to get it to be effective. And don't get me wrong, it's GREAT when it actually works, but the Wild have to make such a colossal effort to score sometimes that I really wonder if it's even worth it. I have a feeling that the amount of work required to get anywhere with this system is part of the reason we seem to become injury prone after about 30 games or so. The team needs to work SMARTER, not harder.

Ugh. I have no idea. I'm probably just talking out my ass or something. I'm just sick to death of seeing a team that is as good on paper as the Wild should be constantly coming out and underachieving when any real opponent shows up. The team clearly has problems being properly prepared for games of this magnitude and the only person I can pin that on is Yeo. I am rapidly losing the last shreds of faith I had in him to get things done. I would LOVE to see what a veteran coach could do with this group of players.

I've been in panic mode for a couple weeks now and I am going to stay there until we are a lock for the playoffs, because if the team plays like they did tonight for the final 4 games, it could easily lose every last one of them. And yeah, that's very very unlikely, but so was last years colossal collapse. Impossible is nothing, after all.

My apologies to anyone who was expecting more asterisks. That should be an indication of just how disgusted I am at tonight's loss.

tldr; Avder

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
Yeah, about that...

Looks like it was a good thing I didn't wake up despite unleashing death by audio upon my neighbours' ears. How did we manage to lose 6-1? Oh well. For now, I agree with Avder.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
Didn't watch it because of work. Backstrom started again??? Little excessive and I don't think even the great Brodeur would be starting as many games as he has in a row.

PuckInTheNards

Feb 4, 2008
The team has zero resilience - they go into a slide with a couple of injuries, they go into a shell when they get down by a couple of goals. They simply do not battle back from adversity. I believe this is due to coaching... the head coach specifically.

Ruff or Laviolette in 2013/2014.

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012
I watched for a while and then turned it off. I am glad I didn't continue watching.

I am not discouraged though. We will be okay.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
Like Gopher said, this is a team that's just not ready for prime time. The defense is a complete disaster, the forward lines are not very productive and lack scoring, and they aren't doing enough to draw penalties. Most of the guys looked pretty slow last night, even Setoguchi.

Going back to March 25th, this team has given up an average of 3.14 goals per game. Even during their winning streak, the GA/G was 2.42. Defense is not this team's strong suit. When the offense is going, the team can win. When the offense struggles, they fall apart.

Sometimes I wonder how much if this is influenced by Yeo's system. He wants them to dump and chase in the offensive zone and collapse in the defensive zone, regardless of who is out on the ice. Works great against bad teams, not so much against good teams.

MNWILDFAN001

Jul 2, 2010
Minnesota
You have to give them a reason to take a penalty, and we just didn't do that. The Ducks have more size and speed, and it's those 2 things that seem to give the Wild the most trouble. IMO. So if they're not constantly moving their feet, making passes, creating pressure, then we won't see many PPs.

Yes. I've said this once before. There's not enough players on the Wild that are willing to finish their checks.

For me I don't call panic mode, just doubts. Definitely need to upgrade defense. But offense, do we just not have the right combination of players. Is it the coach? Or the system he tries to play? I don't think the Wild have enough size and speed to compete against the better teams of the league. Is that something they'll be able to fix or overcome? Or are we going to continue to see the Wild struggle? These are all doubts that have crossed my mind.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
I think we all know this team is not upper tier. They have some talent though that has put them mid-pack from being bad the last few years.

The big question is, is it personnel, chemistry, or coaching? Offense or defense? Or both?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad