Pre-Game Talk: Wild @ Jets Tuesday 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
When the Jets were worked over and out worked by the Ducks in their first game I knew it was gonna be another long season.

Seriously though, did anyone really think a team with a top 4 D of undersized Morrissey, Pionk and Schmshit along with Dillon was a playoff calibre D? Old man Wheezer, lazy Schief and 4th line Copp in the top 6? Do they say Stanley Cup??? LOL!:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::help:
:laugh: Sip is on fire tonight.:laugh:

Reactions: BigHulkingThickV

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I have a feeling that the only cup this team will get anytime soon will be distributed by the equipment manager :laugh:

Ok my juvenile mind can’t let this go.

The final horn goes to end of the season and captain wheeler reaches into his drawers and pulls out his protective cup, raises it over his head with two hands proudly, lowers it and gives it a kiss, raises it back over his head and skates over to Scheif who has tears of joy and gratefully accepts the “cup” takes it for a skate and let’s out a Login cry, kisses the cup before passing it to Helly who screams out Dynasty…….the parade goes on in front of a stunned silent Jets crowd. After the last player has his turn the players, trainers and coaches hit the ice for a group photo op surrounding the little cup.

Then it’s off to the dressing room and yes by god the corks pop on the champagne bottles and the players take turns sipping champagne out of the captains “cup”.

I could go on an on but I’ll leave the Monty Python meets spinal tap mocumentary there for now.

Last edited:

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Heard a bit of Lowry (the coach one) on OB just now talking about what the team needs to do to get back on track. Man, he sounds like he's got nothing. Not that I think he should really sound any different, but I definitely get the feeling he (and the organization as well) knows where things are going...

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
Ok my juvenile mind can’t let this go.

The final horn goes to the end of the season and captain wheeler reaches into his drawers and pulls out his protective cup. Raises it over his head with two hands proudly, lowers it and gives it a kiss, raises it back over his head and Skates over to Scheif who has tears of joy and gratefully accepts the “cup” takes it for a skate and let’s put a Loogin cry, kisses the cup before passing it to Helly who screams out Dynasty…….the parade goes on in front of a stunned silent Jets crowd. After the last playe had his turn the players, trainers and coaches hit the ice for a photo group phot op surrounding the little cup.

Then it’s off to the dressing room and yes by god the corks pop on the champagne bottles and the players take turns sipping champagne out of the captains “cup”.

I could go on an on but I’ll leave the Monty Python meets spinal tap mocumentary there for now.

Upon exiting the building, Wheeler and his mates are met with thousands of suddenly ecstatic fans, who have now had time to become fully inititated in the sanctity and full meaning of The Cup. The lads are presented with a magical Cup Bus (donated by city hall) and they climb to the top wielding the mighty plastic chalice for several victory laps up and down Portage avenue. Coach Lowry stares in awe at the spectacle as the tear-stained face of Wheeler turns to the heavens and he exhorts the crowd (now swollen to over 50,000) who have begun a chant, barely audible, then reaching a crescendo of 115 decibels: participation, Participation, PARTICIPATION, PARTICIPATION!! Over and over, on and on, the crowd exhorts their Champions up and down Portage Avenue. Buckets of spangled and multi coloured ticker tape spews from sundry barrels high upon the pinnacle of the Don's Photo Building. An impromptu laser show fires off from someones office to bounce off the power block thingy hanging off the Hydro Building and dozens of civilian flights of Calm Air turbo props are diverted to 1500 feet to match the long axis of Portage avenue. High spirited ball hockey games break out among the crowd and the cheering continues on until the next morning, when an Alberta clipper moves in, dumps 30 cm of snow and kills the power grid. During cleanup a hung over Cat dozer operator takes out two light posts, a bus shelter and then plows through the glass entrance to Canada Life centre, wiping out the computer records of the current Season Ticket Holders.

Last edited:

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Upon exiting the building, Wheeler and his mates are met with thousands of suddenly ecstatic fans, who have now had time to become fully inititated in the sanctity and full meaning of The Cup. The lads are presented with a magical Cup Bus (donated by city hall) and they climb to the top wielding the mighty plastic chalice for several victory laps up and down Portage avenue. Coach Lowry stares in awe at the spectacle as the tear-stained face of Wheeler turns to the heavens and he exhorts the crowd (now swollen to over 50,000) who have begun a chant, barely audible, then reaching a crescendo of 115 decibels: participation, Participation, PARTICIPATION, PARTICIPATION!! Over and over, on and on, the crowd exhorts their Champions up and down Portage Avenue. Buckets of spangled and multi coloured ticker tape spews from sundry barrels high upon the pinnacle of the Don's Photo Building. An impromptu laser show fires off from someones office to bounce off the power block thingy hanging off the Hydro Building and several civilian flights of AirBus 320s are diverted to 1500 feet to match the long axis of Portage avenue. High spirited ball hockey games break out among the crowd and the cheering continues on until the next morning, when an Alberta clipper moves in, dumps 30 cm of snow and kills the power grid.

:laugh::clap:

Reactions: kanadalainen

SUX2BU

User of registers
Feb 6, 2018
Canada
Upon exiting the building, Wheeler and his mates are met with thousands of suddenly ecstatic fans, who have now had time to become fully inititated in the sanctity and full meaning of The Cup. The lads are presented with a magical Cup Bus (donated by city hall) and they climb to the top wielding the mighty plastic chalice for several victory laps up and down Portage avenue. Coach Lowry stares in awe at the spectacle as the tear-stained face of Wheeler turns to the heavens and he exhorts the crowd (now swollen to over 50,000) who have begun a chant, barely audible, then reaching a crescendo of 115 decibels: participation, Participation, PARTICIPATION, PARTICIPATION!! Over and over, on and on, the crowd exhorts their Champions up and down Portage Avenue. Buckets of spangled and multi coloured ticker tape spews from sundry barrels high upon the pinnacle of the Don's Photo Building. An impromptu laser show fires off from someones office to bounce off the power block thingy hanging off the Hydro Building and dozens of civilian flights of Calm Air turbo props are diverted to 1500 feet to match the long axis of Portage avenue. High spirited ball hockey games break out among the crowd and the cheering continues on until the next morning, when an Alberta clipper moves in, dumps 30 cm of snow and kills the power grid. During cleanup a hung over Cat dozer operator takes out two light posts, a bus shelter and then plows through the glass entrance to Canada Life centre, wiping out the computer records of the current Season Ticket Holders.

Power block thingy ..... you have a way with words ...... :laugh:

Reactions: kanadalainen
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad