GDT: Wild @ Ducks, 7:00 Best Coast Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fallenity

Apr 12, 2011
We just passed the '07 team for best franchise start.

So should we plan the parade? Make playoff avatars? Start growing beards? :sarcasm:

Good first two periods, third period looked a bit like last season Ducks, little effort. But I'll take the win.

Fasthnator

Feb 10, 2013
So should we plan the parade? Make playoff avatars? Start growing beards? :sarcasm:

None of the above. We should order our "Anaheim Ducks 2013 Stanley Cup Champions" caps to have them ready when we beat Boston 4-0 in the finals.

Fallenity

Apr 12, 2011
None of the above. We should order our "Anaheim Ducks 2013 Stanley Cup Champions" caps to have them ready when we beat Boston 4-0 in the finals.

Should we go stretch fit or cap? I think stretch fit is the norm, but cap screams Cali.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I thought hiller was awesome tonight, i also liked the fowler sbisa pairing a ton.

Next game maybe
Souray Beauch- have been a top pairing in the league so far this year

Sbisa Fowler- sbisa looks more calm with fowler and with their skating ability just about takes away the other teams forcheck

Lovejoy Allen- Lovejoy has been great pick up and i think hes played great every chance hes gotten, and for whatever reason allen seems to play really well with him.

Unfortunetly i think lydman is the odd man out on our defense at this point in time, i feel hes looked iffy at best this season. I could actually see us trading him before deadline, seeing as he makes way to much money for a 7.

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
LOL Stealthclobber got a screw cap of sleeping guy...stole from the MB

205bmp.png
The Finnish commentator said something like "Oh he is sleepy behind the goalie...pay expensive rink side ticket and come sleep at the game" :laugh:

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
As soon as Lindholm looks ready, Lydman should be out. Whether this will happen this season I'm not so sure.

I think lindhom is nhl ready but the injury issue is whats holding him back.... if he does join team its still a tough decision on who sits because its between allen the big body and lovejoy the right hander that really hasnt done anything wrong.

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
No need to rush Lindholm. If Allen-Lovejoy -pair plays good, no need to try a prospect there. Don't fix it if it isn't broken, you know.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
Hiller saved the game. My initial impression about the first goal was wrong (I'll blame it on the small screen of my phone with no audio, certainly not a bias for realz).

That game sucked though. If being awesome in the first means we suck in the third, I'd rather go back to clawing back from 1-goal deficits.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
I thought hiller was awesome tonight, i also liked the fowler sbisa pairing a ton.

Next game maybe
Souray Beauch- have been a top pairing in the league so far this year

Sbisa Fowler- sbisa looks more calm with fowler and with their skating ability just about takes away the other teams forcheck

Lovejoy Allen- Lovejoy has been great pick up and i think hes played great every chance hes gotten, and for whatever reason allen seems to play really well with him.

Unfortunetly i think lydman is the odd man out on our defense at this point in time, i feel hes looked iffy at best this season. I could actually see us trading him before deadline, seeing as he makes way to much money for a 7.

He is much more valuable to us, if we are making a serious playoff run, than saving a couple of bucks at season's end. He is a UFA this summer. Having 7 guys who can play NHL quality D going into the playoffs is huge. I want to keep him.

goosemooseduck

Mar 19, 2009
In fact, that is part of playing the percentages. Just because Beauchemin is there doesn't mean the puck can't get past him. You are way off here.

Of course it doesn't mean puck couldn't find the way past Beauch, but on the left side it would 100% every time. That's where the "percentages" went wrong.

If he would move to the left and puck would pass Beauch on the right, I wouldn't blame Hiller one bit.

Hiller was indecisive, remained stationary and he paid for it. Simple as that.

But that's all water under the bridge.
Hopefully Ducks will play full 60 minutes tonight.

Nikko*

Of course it doesn't mean puck couldn't find the way past Beauch, but on the left side it would 100% every time. That's where the "percentages" went wrong.

If he would move to the left and puck would pass Beauch on the right, I wouldn't blame Hiller one bit.

Hiller was indecisive, remained stationary and he paid for it. Simple as that.

But that's all water under the bridge.
Hopefully Ducks will play full 60 minutes tonight.

This. Furthermore if a puck is shot from the left side of the rink and goes in the right side of the net, the goaltender's angle was off or he was challenging too far. Or both.

DaDucks*

1. Cogs was everywhere again

2. Maroon might actually be an NHL player

3. Perry looks looks to be back in MVP form

4. Lydman lost his legs

5. Hiller didn't see either goal
Real nice confidence game for him and fan base

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad