Post-Game Talk: Wild Defend "Their Ice" In Game 3 - Jets Lose 6-2

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
Coach didn't prepare them, or the lack of playoff experience on display - maybe a bit of both. You beat em bad at home so you figure you can toss your sticks on the ice and chalk up a win? Every game will be a battle.

The good news is Helle is not as bad as today, and it's only one loss - put it in the rear view mirror. But game 4 is huge now. We need to play it like a game 7. Myers health also becomes a big factor and evens these two teams out a lot if his injury keeps him out. Fingers crossed he is ok.

Go Jets Goi!

libertarian

Jul 27, 2017
Middle Earth
I wonder if this beat down the Jets just got will be a blessing in disguises? They basically had their way with the Wild in the first 2 games and this is a reminder that they need to play at their best at all times to beat a Wild team that had 101 points in the regular season. The Wild now know they can play against the Jets and succeed and their confidence will be sky high next game. It will be up to the Jets to remind them that there is a reason they finished with the second best record in the league.

Reactions: snowkiddin

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
I wonder if this beat down the Jets just got will be a blessing in disguises? They basically had their way with the Wild in the first 2 games and this is a reminder that they need to play at their best at all times to beat a Wild team that had 101 points in the regular season. The Wild now know they can play against the Jets and succeed and their confidence will be sky high next game. It will be up to the Jets to remind them that there is a reason they finished with the second best record in the league.
It's the playoffs. You won't win 16 straight, adversity happens and ain't nothing wrong with that.

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
The Jets should have gooned it up just like Minnesota did in the game 2 when they were losing.

Paul Romanuk should also shut up about the Wild not having Suter.
How many f***ing times does this parrot have to repeat this.
Who cares.

Yeah, like I said I would’ve preferred they got more physical and took cheap shots like the Wild did last game.

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
Foligno should have to answer the question about what looks like a deliberate punch to the knee on Myers.

I don't think that (the punch) was deliberate but I don't understand "finishing the check" in that situation below the waist on a player. That's dirty as hell and not a hockey play. Foligno is clearly out there to run around, barely touched the puck all night, even when the Jets handed it to him. Think the early headshot on Trouba was worse than the Myers contact.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
The Jets should have gooned it up just like Minnesota did in the game 2 when they were losing.

How many ****ing times does this parrot have to repeat this.
Who cares.

My exact thoughts lol, hope the jets show up next game though

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
28gd20.jpg

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011

How many ****ing times does this parrot have to repeat this.
Who cares.

The way this game went for us, all a goon show would have accomplished would have been to get one of our guys injured...

None

Feb 22, 2012
The grab on Myers' arm is understandable for someone falling, but throwing your arm above your head with your fist closed, right on the leg of Myers? Who reaches above their head when they're falling to the ground?

Edit: Also Rogers is tone deaf on fan response, I doubt they'd have fired Strombo after one season if they weren't bleeding money. They had to make cuts after overpaying for the NHL's Canadian broadcast rights. Strombo was an expensive attempt at drawing in the type of person who isn't going to watch every game anyways.
This is the same corporation that put up a statue of their dead founder during the Blue Jays miserable 2013 season outside the Rogers Centre, while there were questions about whether Rogers would be willing to fork out the cash for players that many felt had already taken discounts.

Last edited:
Reactions: robertocarlos

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad