Post-Game Talk: Wild Defend "Their Ice" In Game 3 - Jets Lose 6-2

ERYX

'Pegger in Exile
Oct 25, 2014
Ontario, Canada
Power outage due to freezing rain in my part of southern Ontario. Sounds like I didn’t miss much. On paper the Jets outshot the Wild plus the Wild blocked more than twice as many shots. Not sure how Helle doesn’t wear a large piece of this loss under such circumstances. He was not tested in game 2. I’ve eaten crow this season over Helle but I sure hope I wasn’t actually right before.

All that said, I voted Jets in 6 in the pre series poll so I expect two losses. No way did I think Jets would sweep. Minny had a respectable record coming in and Sutter’s injury just had trap series written all over it.

Jets getting embarrassed should be a good lesson and a solid wake up call and I expect a much better showing on Tuesday.

Reactions: Howard Chuck

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
Looked tired.

Would have liked a better push in third. Looked liked they were ok with losing game 3, based on how they played in third. Not physical. No real scoring threats. Didn’t force the Wild at all.

Can’t play that way in playoffs.

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
Wouldn’t be surprised to see some line up changes up front. Could see Rosie and Amia coming out and Perreault and Hendricks going in with Little on the 4th line. Reunite Copp with Tanev and Lowry.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Not too worried. We knew the Wild were gonna come out and play and they are good on home ice. Hellebuyck played like absolute dog shit. Come flying next game, get on them early, and stay out of the box. Still confident in this team. Play better next game, don’t give the Wild anything easy.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
I get travel sucked. We did look outve sorts.
As I said; We rubbed it in too hard last game, Laine violin after late goal, us engaging physically late (notice how today ended when score was route), like I said, we gave them bulletin board material and woke them up. I wish we didn't and was not happy about it after last game. Also, fans thought brooms were out and wrote off the wild. As I said, adversity happens in best of 7 and ups and downs will come, they won't roll over.

Having said all that I'm confident in the group, they will be better next game and it will be a different game. Helly will be better. I more worried about wheeler getting going and his line scoring 5v5. Poolman enstrom might be bottom pair next game, too bad for Myers. Onward and upward.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Wild got all of their bounces in one game. Whatever. You need a loss to remind yourself how hard you have to play to win. Won't be worried until the end of next game.
Agree. Jets didn't play well, but the Wild got a lot of good bounces, and Hellebuyck was mediocre.

Reactions: snowkiddin

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
We were not going to sweep the wild. At best I wanted a split in Minn. still think we will get it.

As for the game... PP has to be better. Said this even though we won games 1 and 2 .... we need more traffic and screens in front of their goalie... garbage goals are worth the same as pretty goals.

Now we see if they can adjust.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Looked tired.

Would have liked a better push in third. Looked liked they were ok with losing game 3, based on how they played in third. Not physical. No real scoring threats. Didn’t force the Wild at all.

Can’t play that way in playoffs.

They were down by 4 and probably just playing not to get injured. Not saying I agree with it (I would’ve gone after them like they were doing to us in Game 2) but I think that is it.

JetFromFinland

Jul 3, 2014
Hope that Myers is okay. Must play harder next game, hope this was only a one miss game. Mason starts next?

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Refs dictated play in the first, and the Jets backed off. Wild took advantage of the room and took the game. We can only hope the league reminds these refs that it's the playoffs.

Exactly. Our special teams sucked.

Board Bard

Dane-O-Mite
Jun 7, 2014
The Myers thing sure looked like a deliberate punch -- and intent to injure. In fact it looked indisputable. Sure, Foligno fell, but while he was in the neighbourhood he thought he might as well cripple Myers. What a ****ing d-bag.

As for the game, that wasn't exactly pack of wolves stuff. Hope Helly has gotten the stink out of his system now.

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
They were down by 4 and probably just playing not to get injured. Not saying I agree with it (I would’ve gone after them like they were doing to us in Game 2) but I think that is it.

Push to win the period. Score one or two. May not win, but play the game.

Just running out the game does not work for me at all in the playoffs.

one other person

Tripping thru time and space
Feb 19, 2018
Sunny St. Somewhere
As to the Sportsnet dudes, all they really care about re: a team like the Jets is their “storylines” and maybe some contrived drama. Which doesn’t make the audio portion of the game any more pleasant for a Jets fan to listen to but I refuse to think about it too much.

Onwards and upwards!

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Push to win the period. Score one or two. May not win, but play the game.

Just running out the game does not work for me at all in the playoffs.

Okay, I respect that. That being said, game was over.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad