Post-Game Talk: Wild def. Canucks - 6-3 (Pettersson x2, Highmore)

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
lol the canucks can't even get out of their zone.

all the zone time in teh offense zone was all perimeter.

Basically the Wild when they want even without Folingo and Greenway, can pin the the canucks along the boards, and the canucks are too slow and weak to even get off the boards.
Very accurate and telling that we're still pathetically weak and small even without two of their strongest players.

I think Garland is gone for basically this reason.

mriswith

Oct 12, 2011
We rely on Demko to be otherworldly, and while he's been sick he hasn't been his usual elite self, so the flaws in the roster stand out.

I'm glad our new management gave Demko major kudos because he probably won't get the recognition he deserves for this season. And it indicates that they understand what he's covering up.

bbud

Sep 10, 2008
BC
Ah well they made it interesting for a while. Might’ve even made the playoffs if they fired Benning and Green sooner.

Yes it should have happened end of last year have to give them full marks for fight they have put up since BB came aboard

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
We rely on Demko to be otherworldly, and while he's been sick he hasn't been his usual elite self, so the flaws in the roster stand out.

I'm glad our new management gave Demko major kudos because he probably won't get the recognition he deserves for this season. And it indicates that they understand what he's covering up.

He looks so tired
Like completely exhausted

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
4r817sy.png

Hammer79

Jan 9, 2009
Kelowna
Demko had to be bubble demko for them to have any chance at this but that kind of goaltending is not sustainable.
Yeah, people can crap on Myers all they want, Demko needs to shut the door when we are up 3-2. A lot of meh goals on him tonight.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Nothing changed aside from coaching. This is a deeply flawed team that needs elite goaltending and a 100% effort most nights to get the wins. The players bought in but the reality is this team has too many players that are trash.

I bet that they finish under 70 pts next year if they roll with the same roster and coaching.

JiffyPB

Oct 11, 2018
Lmao. Wasn't Corey Hirsch the guy who argued on TV that they weren't tiring goalies by playing this much. How athletes today are in so much more shape and can play all these games. Now he goes on radio and admits Demko's tired?

With that workload, no kidding.

bbud

Sep 10, 2008
BC
Yeah, people can crap on Myers all they want, Demko needs to shut the door when we are up 3-2. A lot of meh goals on him tonight.
Part of that is on coaches there Martin was up not like he isnt a good option and hadnt played well Demko looked tired tonight and was still decent just not his all star self.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
For being so big it always amazes me just how easily Myers is separated from the puck along the boards. He might as well be an undersized D-man with poor foot speed against a heavy forecheck.

Some other poor performances as well but a lot of the last couple of games is just some regression tot he mean I think. They’ve had amazing ES goaltending and of late a very high team shooting percentage. I think Drance said compared to the underlying numbers they were 6 goals more than esl3cted and 6 less goals against than expected of late. At some point things were going to break the other way for a few games. Sure it would have been nice for that to start at, say, game 83 of the year but that would have been something unusual I think.

Reactions: geebaan

Hammer79

Jan 9, 2009
Kelowna
Part of that is on coaches there Martin was up not like he isnt a good option and hadnt played well Demko looked tired tonight and was still decent just not his all star self.
If he was on top of his game, it ends 3-2 tonight.

Dab

Apr 17, 2017
Team hit a wall, Demko let in a couple softies and the Wild outmuscled the canucks and kept them to the perimeter.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad