Post-Game Talk: Wild @ Caps 7PM EST | Caps Lose 2-1

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
What is the last minute they have to announce if OV is playing or not?

Really rooting for him to get his Richard trophy. But if he is injured, no need to risk anything . Let the dude rest.

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
Probably Ovi had some lingering issue, minor one, and now that everything is about to be OK standings/trades wise he is getting some additional rest.

I bet he will play tonight and then miss a couple more practices.

Suds

Nov 27, 2014
not confirmed. i highly doubt he misses if he was laughing and having fun in a pic posted on the last page i believe

Funny bone ----> okay

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
What is the last minute they have to announce if OV is playing or not?

Really rooting for him to get his Richard trophy. But if he is injured, no need to risk anything . Let the dude rest.

what will happen is that ovechkin will most likely skate in the pregame warmups, as will his replacement if he doesnt go. then they will decide

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
Richard trophy hardly in danger.

Well, not in danger. But he still needs to bank few in if he want's to finish first. But it's a secondary issue. Just hoping he gets to the playoffs and succeeds there.

what will happen is that ovechkin will most likely skate in the pregame warmups, as will his replacement if he doesnt go. then they will decide

All right. Thanks.

Teppo

Mar 3, 2008
Sorry I don't listen to logic from minnesotanerists! :)

Vanek weighs the scales of dooshbaggery in the favor of "the mercenary team". Sorta like the Expendables movies that I haven't seen. Castoff famous stars past their prime.
I am more of DC'erist than Minnesotarist, so you will have to listen.

Vanek is the laziest, most depressing player I have ever seen. Cannot believe they are sitting Shroeder and not him.

I'm sorry you had to live in Minnesota. I'd never wish that on my worst enemies! Except for this punk John Staple who bullied me in the 5th grade.
John is a friend of mine! He probably bullied you for wearing ugly hockey jerseys to school!

Minnesota is a great place to live. If you are into youth/junior/high school hockey, it is the best. Rinks on every corner. Here you have the Little Caps and Team MD who could not compete with the weakest programs in MN.

And do not make me laugh. The Wild are eternal trappers!

I assume you use the same skills for determining Minnesota as a whole sucks without ever being there. You determined the Wild trap without ever seeing them play!

Oh also..

FINNS! Us Caps hate them. We don't draft them and when we do we get them out of here faster than a Lepisto!

Its not like the Ruskies are doing much better for the Caps!

This is basically like the Green Lantern vs Sinestro. Green vs Yellow. The Dark side vs the Light.

Caps stand for justice and the American way. Minnesota exudes boringocity.

Slow and steady wins the race!

I was going to go to the game, but I can't get out of my driveway!

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Sorry I don't listen to logic from minnesotanerists! :)

Vanek weighs the scales of ********** in the favor of "the mercenary team". Sorta like the Expendables movies that I haven't seen. Castoff famous stars past their prime.

I'm sorry you had to live in Minnesota. I'd never wish that on my worst enemies! Except for this punk John Staple who bullied me in the 5th grade.

And do not make me laugh. The Wild are eternal trappers!

Oh also..

FINNS! Us Caps hate them. We don't draft them and when we do we get them out of here faster than a Lepisto!

This is basically like the Green Lantern vs Sinestro. Green vs Yellow. The Dark side vs the Light.

Caps stand for justice and the American way. Minnesota exudes boringocity.

LOL.....good stuff. Disagree completely (except the part about Vanek), but very funny. :laugh:

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
how long before the game does the team usually announce if a player plays or not due to game tim decision? 30 mins before puck drop?

most likely during pregame warmups. can vary per player but it if game time decision i think ovechkin participates in the skate then sees how he feels

Sharppi

4 more years of Dub.
Jul 15, 2011
Finland
You guys are funny, I like you. I like Ovi and Holtby too, probably my two favorite players from the east.

JkOzKst.gif

Suds

Nov 27, 2014
Should Trotz ask Ovi to play hurt to save the Minn game?

Ovi out for the season or play Minn without him? Hmmm :sarcasm:

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
LOL.....good stuff. Disagree completely (except the part about Vanek), but very funny. :laugh:

Just something I never liked about the guy. Maybe because he always lit the Caps up it seemed.

I assume you use the same skills for determining Minnesota as a whole sucks without ever being there. You determined the Wild trap without ever seeing them play!

There is great truth to this. I better go look in the mirror and check my life...

Well, not in danger. But he still needs to bank few in if he want's to finish first. But it's a secondary issue. Just hoping he gets to the playoffs and succeeds there.

TAnnala...I'm going to assume you are Finnishery in origins so maybe you can answer this.

Who was the last real Finn to play for the Caps?? (Osala and Lepisto simply don't count...like I mean non-call up for a cup of tea type player)

I'm drawing a blank.

I don't remember anyone of significance in the mid to late 80s or early 90s. GMGM seemed to hate them.

We've had more Germans play for us than Finns! (Ustorf, Kolzig, Sturm)

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I'll be rooting for Minnesota or St Louis from the West, but tonight I want the two points.

Give Ovie a breather. See if the boys can step up without the Ovechturret in the line up.

Edit: bucket list of mine is to make it to Lake Nokomis and play in the Pond Hockey Championsips.

Teppo

Mar 3, 2008

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
Spoiler alert: they can't.

Actually historically they seemed to have done OK without Ovie. Ofcourse if thats the case its always been for a very short period of time where the players can get an adrenaline boost.

Long term without Ovie I'd agree with you. For one game? Yeah we can beat anyone without him.

BTW: Did anyone see the article on MJ? His underlying stats with Burakovsky are great. We need to have them together.

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
TAnnala...I'm going to assume you are Finnishery in origins so maybe you can answer this.

Who was the last real Finn to play for the Caps?? (Osala and Lepisto simply don't count...like I mean non-call up for a cup of tea type player)

I'm drawing a blank.

I don't remember anyone of significance in the mid to late 80s or early 90s. GMGM seemed to hate them.

We've had more Germans play for us than Finns! (Ustorf, Kolzig, Sturm)

You guys only have one Finn to ever play more than 2 seasons with you. Timo Blomqvist. He was decent, I guess. Nothing special.

http://www.hockey-reference.com/pla...4stat=&c4comp=gt&c4val=&order_by=games_played

Edit: God, didn't know Tiki played 20 games with you guys. Loved him!

But there is the expression. "If you want to win, take a Finn" So maybe that explains your franchise history? ;)

Also, I think the poster Teppo is Finnish origins too. Since he has the same name as I do.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Just something I never liked about the guy. Maybe because he always lit the Caps up it seemed.

When i think of Vanek i always think of that goal (OT i think it was) few years back when he walked the whole Caps line-up and scored.

billcook

Apr 17, 2012
Timo Blomqvist is the dude you looking for, Bob. Bottom pairing defenseman, played some in minors. Probably the only finn of some significance who played for caps.

He knew.:sarcasm:

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
I think you're wrong, historically at least. I'm fairly confident they have a good winning percentage without Ovie in the line up. Disclaimer: I am too lazy to Google it and see if I'm talking out of my ass.

It's 13-10-2 if I am not mistaken.

Suds

Nov 27, 2014
I'd like to see what the Caps have - minus Ovi.

Could helpful for both the players and coaches - no matter what the outcome.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
You guys only have one Finn to ever play more than 2 seasons with you. Timo Blomqvist. He was decent, I guess. Nothing special.

http://www.hockey-reference.com/pla...4stat=&c4comp=gt&c4val=&order_by=games_played

Edit: God, didn't know Tiki played 20 games with you guys. Loved him!

But there is the expression. "If you want to win, take a Finn" So maybe that explains your franchise history? ;)

Also, I think the poster Teppo is Finnish origins too. Since he has the same name as I do.

Ok thanks. Thats really crazy when you think of it. Finland has produced a good deal on NHL talent and to go basically 30 years without a fulltime player from there strikes me as odd.

Yeah Tikkanen...forgot about him somehow. Probably on purpose as it brings up the missed empty net in game 2 of the 98 finals...

Timo Blomqvist is the dude you looking for, Bob. Bottom pairing defenseman, played some in minors. Probably the only finn of some significance who played for caps.

He knew.:sarcasm:

Yeah and honestly I don't remember him much. From 81-86 I hardly could watch any games since we never had Cable and my folks wouldn't even get the morning paper. I got lucky to stay up late and catch George Michael sports to get a glimpse of the score from games.

Even in that timeframe I do remember guys like Veitch, Stevens, Langway etc...but not Blomqvist. He must have been marginalized and "hidden like hillen"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad