Post-Game Talk: Wild @ Caps 7PM EST | Caps Lose 2-1

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
do we wanna see ovechkin? yes, but if he is slightly hurt give him the night off, we comfortable in the playoffs right now and maybe just maybe it will allow someone to step up as they see ovechkin isnt in. no need to risk a further injury if he does have one imo

stanleycaps18

I cheer for laundry
Jul 10, 2003
Chocolate City
washcaps.com
Do they do anything for season ticket holders than can't make the game? I'm sure there has to be something in place for this right?

Not really. If the refs and other team are here, there really isn't a reason not to play it. Metro is working, driving and busing might be a little tough, but not impossible.

Seriously, this is a 3-4 inch storm for DC proper. Not a big deal.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
Not really. If the refs and other team are here, there really isn't a reason not to play it. Metro is working, driving and busing might be a little tough, but not impossible.

Seriously, this is a 3-4 inch storm for DC proper. Not a big deal.

What if it was a 12" snow storm?

I remember a game vs the Rangers in 88 where we got absolutely hammered back to back with big snow storms and they played that game anyhow. No metro back at Landover and there were maybe a few thousand people there.

We crushed them that game. Ulf Dahlen was in his rookie season with the Rags and got a couple for them but it was destruction. Something like 8-4

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
I'm going to be honest here...

I HATE everything about this team and the state they play in.

1) Since they came on board they have done nothing but trap trap and trap some more. Carrying on the Lemaire tradition of trying to be the most boring team in the league year in and year out.

2) They are a mercenary team. All their key players it seems have come from the outside. Guys like Koivu and Granlund are the exception. Suter, Parise, Pommenville, and that ******* slacker Vanek.

3) Minnesota sucks. I've never been but I'm certain of this. Its freezing and snowy in the winter and filled with mosquitos the rest of the year.

4) Their christmas tree jerseys are awful.

5) Mike Yeo's facial hair is disturbing.

Damn Bob, you really don't like 'em.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Alex Prewitt @alex_prewitt · 6m 6 minutes ago

Doesn't sound like Latta's injury is all too serious. Not concussion related, but around that shoulder area where he got checked by Boll.

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
HE IS LAUGHING HE IS GOING TO BE OKAY GUYS!

B_WPHvIXAAIlP8y.jpg:large

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
Damn Bob, you really don't like 'em.

Well I do like Kevin Garnett's haircut. Is it strange that I wish I could get away with shaving my head like that and looking normal instead of having this odd shaped head of mine?

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Alex Prewitt @alex_prewitt · 1m 1 minute ago

Trotz said if the Capitals were healthy, "we would not have even thought about" recalling Burakovsky this soon.

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
Well I do like Kevin Garnett's haircut. Is it strange that I wish I could get away with shaving my head like that and looking normal instead of having this odd shaped head of mine?

Garnett's got a head made for no hair. I envy it too.

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005

1) Since they came on board they have done nothing but trap trap and trap some more. Carrying on the Lemaire tradition of trying to be the most boring team in the league year in and year out.

2) They are a mercenary team. All their key players it seems have come from the outside. Guys like Koivu and Granlund are the exception. Suter, Parise, Pommenville, and that ******* slacker Vanek.

3) Minnesota sucks. I've never been but I'm certain of this. Its freezing and snowy in the winter and filled with mosquitos the rest of the year.

North Stars were cool though. Not their fans fault that Norman Green was a world-class jerk who didn't deserve to own the team.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
North Stars were cool though. Not their fans fault that Norman Green was a world-class jerk who didn't deserve to own the team.

I loved that 91 team and followed them closely through the playoffs. I watched almost every game.

Bellows, Bobby Smith, Dahlen, Ganger, Tinordi, Chambers, Casey, Broten, Propp, Rookie Modano with flowing hair and jersey etc

They had some serious mojo going in that run. EDIT: Thats when I absolutely fell in love with Tinordi! He was a beast that entire run.

poor Mike Gartner....seems he gets traded at the deadline and the team he departs makes a run. Happened with the Rags too.

Garnett's got a head made for no hair. I envy it too.

So North Stars and Garnett's dome are the only redeeming qualities I have on my list.

KevinM

Feb 7, 2012
D.C.
Top 6 looks absolutely anemic without Ovi, Holtby's gonna have his work cut out for him tonight.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
remember that triple axle richard panik did on a mike green hold in center ice against the leafs?
well
Alex Prewitt @alex_prewitt · 4m 4 minutes ago

NHL fined Richard Panik $2,000 for his embellishment against the Caps on Sunday.

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
Alex Prewitt
Trotz on scratching Laich: "Sometimes you’ve got to defrag the computer a little bit." He does not know how to actually defrag a computer.

Trotz's analogies are always hilarious.

Also confirms Trotz still uses Windows 98.

Ovechtrick89*

Apr 10, 2012
Alex Prewitt
Trotz on scratching Laich: "Sometimes you’ve got to defrag the computer a little bit." He does not know how to actually defrag a computer.

Trotz's analogies are always hilarious.

Also confirms Trotz still uses Windows 98.

Laich doesn't need a defrag he needs his whole damn hard drive wiped clean :naughty:

Teppo

Mar 3, 2008

Watching them play and obvious statistics say otherwise.

Scandella, Koivu, Ganlund, Brodin, Dumba, Folin, Zucker, Haula - off the top of my head. Coyle, Nino, Spurgeon pretty much started out as Wild players.

They have a Free Agent/Homegrown ratio that is similar to other teams.

I have lived in the DC area, the last 10 years. Previous to that I lived in Minnesota for 8 years. There are good and bad things about both areas. Minnesota was an amazing place to live.

You should see how bad it looks when Yeo puts on the red jersey - burns your eyes.

Last edited by a moderator:

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
Watching them play and obvious statistics say otherwise.

Scandella, Koivu, Ganlund, Brodin, Dumba, Folin, Zucker, Haula - off the top of my head. Coyle, Nino, Spurgeon pretty much started out as Wild players.

They have a Free Agent/Homegrown ratio that is similar to other teams.

I have lived in the DC area, the last 10 years. Previous to that I lived in Minnesota for 8 years. There are good and bad things about both areas. Minnesota was an amazing place to live.

You should see how bad it looks when Yeo puts on the red jersey - burns your eyes.

Sorry I don't listen to logic from minnesotanerists! :)

Vanek weighs the scales of ********** in the favor of "the mercenary team". Sorta like the Expendables movies that I haven't seen. Castoff famous stars past their prime.

I'm sorry you had to live in Minnesota. I'd never wish that on my worst enemies! Except for this punk John Staple who bullied me in the 5th grade.

And do not make me laugh. The Wild are eternal trappers!

Oh also..

FINNS! Us Caps hate them. We don't draft them and when we do we get them out of here faster than a Lepisto!

This is basically like the Green Lantern vs Sinestro. Green vs Yellow. The Dark side vs the Light.

Caps stand for justice and the American way. Minnesota exudes boringocity.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad