GDT: Wild @ Capitals - 11/7/2013 7 PM

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
Blast the Vikings to kingdom come, we won't care at all when we're already blasting them ourselves.

The Vikings fall from grace was unleashed as soon as they moved indoors. They had a built-in advantage over other teams in November, December and January and used it seemingly every year to crush my hot-house flower LA Rams' teams in the playoffs.

The football gods did not look kindly when the might Norse-men moved indoors to climate-controlled environment. Never really understood why the team would voluntarily surrender such a huge advantage. Minnesotans are hearty people - jeez they'll sit outside all day on a frozen lake when it's 10 below and fish, so they're not gonna be squeamish about going to a football game when it's cold.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
The Vikings fall from grace was unleashed as soon as they moved indoors. They had a built-in advantage over other teams in November, December and January and used it seemingly every year to crush my hot-house flower LA Rams' teams in the playoffs.

The football gods did not look kindly when the might Norse-men moved indoors to climate-controlled environment. Never really understood why the team would voluntarily surrender such a huge advantage. Minnesotans are hearty people - jeez they'll sit outside all day on a frozen lake when it's 10 below and fish, so they're not gonna be squeamish about going to a football game when it's cold.

:clap:

Halpysback*

I'm not the biggest fan of other teams' fans but caps and wild fans should form an alliance. We have a lot in common.

Capathetic

May 26, 2011
Surely a competitive team coming off a playoff birth in a season where they signed the two biggest free agents in history would see a spike in popularity?:cold:

Looks like that last button on my remote is going to get a workout tonight. I considered watching in my kitchen because due to an open floor plan, I can see our big screen along with 32" in the kitchen. Nfl network isn't the best production though so I can't look forward to replays of every two yard run.

QuadrupleDeke

33% more deke
Aug 6, 2009
Boston, MA
Surely a competitive team coming off a playoff birth in a season where they signed the two biggest free agents in history would see a spike in popularity?:cold:

Looks like that last button on my remote is going to get a workout tonight. I considered watching in my kitchen because due to an open floor plan, I can see our big screen along with 32" in the kitchen. Nfl network isn't the best production though so I can't look forward to replays of every two yard run.

It's even crazier if you look at all the sports on TV tonight (at least in my area):

7:00pm
Wild-Capitals
TNT: Clippers-Heat
NHLN: Rangers-Blue Jackets

7:30pm
ESPN: [10]Oklahoma-Baylor[6]

8:25pm
NFLN: Redskins-Vikings

9:00pm
FS1: [3]Oregon-Stanford[5]

9:30pm
TNT: Lakers-Rockets

WildFinn*

wild.jpg

Halpysback*

I'd be open to ceding this thread to Wild fans if we can get that guy to do a one man GDT here.

Capathetic

May 26, 2011
Lol don't make us post highlight videos of the caps on your board!

Trust me. We have more.

Also I would NOT want to take on some of these guys in a thread derailing silly meme's and pictures thread. Just look at the first two pages of any home caps gdt.

Capathetic

May 26, 2011
It's even crazier if you look at all the sports on TV tonight (at least in my area):

7:00pm
Wild-Capitals
TNT: Clippers-Heat
NHLN: Rangers-Blue Jackets

7:30pm
ESPN: [10]Oklahoma-Baylor[6]

8:25pm
NFLN: Redskins-Vikings

9:00pm
FS1: [3]Oregon-Stanford[5]

9:30pm
TNT: Lakers-Rockets

You need like a security room setup :P

The weekend looks more boring with that Sunday night game now.

DanTHEMan71

Feb 23, 2010
Currently the best 5v5 team and they don't take a lot of penalties. Gotta stay disciplined as they're right behind us in terms of PP%.

I'm predicting a loss based on the above stats, but what do I know? We could win, but it should be a slow game regardless.

foundhockey

Apr 29, 2012
Georgia, USA
I am both amazed and confused at the sheer niceness between Caps and Wild fans right now. Usually other fan bases get told to get off our board.

Let's go Caps! :yo:

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I've known some guys from Minnes0htah and they are "wild" about their hockey. Moving the NORTHstars south was a crime and for them it was like the Colts or Browns leaving their respective cities. I can't hate on the Wild fanbase absent some kind of dust-up. Post away.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
we raced in brainerd mn at labor day this year. I went to the walmart in my caps practice sweater and a really hot woman pulled her caps hat out of her bag and told me she was a caps fan. so, they have good taste in their hockey there

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
I'm predicting a loss based on the above stats, but what do I know? We could win, but it should be a slow game regardless.
Minnesota allows the fewest shots 5-on-5* so maybe you're right but I'd expect the Caps to try to open it up at home. Whether they can play at a controlled up-tempo pace is another matter. That's part of why separating Johansson from the top line makes sense. Either way it should be a strong test.

* The Caps are all the way down at 27th.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad