GDT: Wild @ Capitals - 11/7/2013 7 PM

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
Ok. I guess.

Why are all the Wild fans showing up here? Its like the Habs fans or something.

Well most are from or live in Minnesota and as we all know Minnesota sucks with not much else to do :sarcasm:

(kidding ofcourse)

Teppo

Mar 3, 2008
Well most are from or live in Minnesota and as we all know Minnesota sucks with not much else to do :sarcasm:

(kidding ofcourse)

I have lived both in Minneapolis and in the DC area - both have great things... both have crappy things.

PuckBuddy

Green for Selke
Jul 14, 2009
Seattle, WA
Aren't they one of the least active team forums on HFBoards?

Wasn't there a GDT a few years back where it was one poster talking to himself?

Yeah. After the "helpful, informed guest posters" started showing up, I checked their forum (without cherry-picking random posts I didn't agree with and haughtily commenting on them, mind you).

They're pretty active over there now: GDTs with 500-800 posts. Maybe a helpful, informed guest poster could explain this hfboards Wild renaissance?

Billy Mays Here*

Yeah. After the "helpful, informed guest posters" started showing up, I checked their forum (without cherry-picking random posts I didn't agree with and haughtily commenting on them, mind you).

They're pretty active over there now: GDTs with 500-800 posts. Maybe a helpful, informed guest poster could explain this hfboards Wild renaissance?

Ever since I showed up business has been booming. :sarcasm:

We're definitely not the most active board on here but I'd like to think we're an up and comer. We've passed about five other team's boards in the last year in terms of total post count.

QuadrupleDeke

33% more deke
Aug 6, 2009
Boston, MA
Ever since I showed up business has been booming. :sarcasm:

We're definitely not the most active board on here but I'd like to think we're an up and comer. We've passed about five other team's boards in the last year in terms of total post count.

Maybe if you guys posted on your own board instead of your opponents', you'd have passed six other teams by now!

Teppo

Mar 3, 2008
That certainly explains why you post here regularly when the Wild aren't in town.

I am more of a Wild fan, but since moving to the DC area 6 years ago, and becoming active in the hockey scene here, I have become a Caps fan as well. Wild are still #1 for me, but Caps are #2/#3. I don't generally post in the Wild section either - mainly just the main boards.

Bure

Jan 3, 2011
Ottawa, Ontario
I am more of a Wild fan, but since moving to the DC area 6 years ago, and becoming active in the hockey scene here, I have become a Caps fan as well. Wild are still #1 for me, but Caps are #2/#3. I don't generally post in the Wild section either - mainly just the main boards.

Yeah wild are my #22/#23 favorite teams.

Just joking haha :laugh:

Billy Mays Here*

Maybe if you guys posted on your own board instead of your opponents', you'd have passed six other teams by now!

What's so bad about posting on another team's board and saying you're excited for the game? It's not like there's any bad blood between these teams so I see no reason for anyone to be upset (unless they're trying to talk **** about the team on that team's board). Posting on another team's board during or after the game isn't always a good idea but before the game I think it's fine. You folks are more than welcome to post on our board before tonight's game.

Bure

Jan 3, 2011
Ottawa, Ontario
What's so bad about posting on another team's board and saying you're excited for the game? It's not like there's any bad blood between these teams so I see no reason for anyone to be upset (unless they're trying to talk **** about the team on that team's board). Posting on another team's board during or after the game isn't always a good idea but before the game I think it's fine. You folks are more than welcome to post on our board before tonight's game.

Nothing wrong with it. Good luck.

Teppo

Mar 3, 2008
The best thing about being a Wild fan not living in Min (Living in the DC area for me) is that nobody wants to go to watch the Wild play which makes stub hub seats super cheap. Tickets for the Caps-Wild game tonight are going for less than a Hershey Bears game:handclap:

Edit: Just checked today's prices - some tickets less than going to a movie!

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
Always liked the North Stars - cool uniforms, home to guys like Cesare Maniago and Dino Ciccarelli, and their late 70s/early 80s team was very young and entertaining.

Glad Minnie got a team back - that was a crime when they didn't have one. But the Wild have alway been kinda meh for me.

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA

Can I make fun of posters on your guys GDT for thinking Freeman is a NFL QB?

KevinM

Feb 7, 2012
D.C.
I always thought the Wild have the most clever and well-designed logo out of any team in the league while simultaneously thinking it looks absolutely hideous. Anyway, here's hoping for an entertaining match today.

QuadrupleDeke

33% more deke
Aug 6, 2009
Boston, MA
The best thing about being a Wild fan not living in Min (Living in the DC area for me) is that nobody wants to go to watch the Wild play which makes stub hub seats super cheap. Tickets for the Caps-Wild game tonight are going for less than a Hershey Bears game:handclap:

Edit: Just checked today's prices - some tickets less than going to a movie!

It's probably because there's a Redskins game on at the same time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->