GDT: Wild @ Capitals - 11/7/2013 7 PM

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
My disenchantment with MOJO has been due to his shying away from the physical portion of the game which has translated into poor board and corner play. His freakin drop passing didn't help the situation any either.

Of late he appears much more confident on the ice and as I noted in the Islanders GDT, I almost fell out of my seat at the game when he had one of the better hits during the game when he checked someone behind the goal. Positive signs, baby steps but I like it.

Mothra

The Groovy Guru
Jul 16, 2002
Parts Unknown
Visit site
RE: MJ

He is continuing to progress each year which really shouldn't come as a shock to anyone given his age and production trend.

He'll be better as he develops physically. I see him hitting a bit too which is great.

This is exactly the case....I just could not understand the big negative push against him and how people wanted him moved. Moving this player would require a very significant move....He has, to me, shown he can make plays when it counts. He definitely has had struggles, but like you said.....how can that be a shock.....he is a young player learning how to be consistent in the NHL. His upside his really high IMO...i mean really high

Burakovsky95*

There's a good extended shot of Tom Wilson going around and screwing with everybody, and then getting his lid knocked off and smacked around the ice in the center ice salute. Worth a laugh.

Where is this lol?

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I think people just expect too much POOF. he's either a good player or he's not. karl alzner today and karl as a rookie are different players. Johansson had a lot to learn and grow. and so he continues to trend and do those things. I think its wise to remember his concussion. that he tried first to play thru it and then after was careful about contact. that's nominal. particularly for a young guy who likely knows the fans don't like him.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
likely knows the fans don't like him

Link?

What % of fans don't like him? I never recall him being boo'd. No Whoops. No major playoff gaffe that cost us a series.

Don't over dramatize fans displeasure from Oates using him exclusively at wing.

I was one of many that preferred him at center, so we complained about him... at 1LW.

No one really projected him to be that strong board guy that Nick and Ovi need. He just used his speed to get the puck up ice.... and didn't really use him to his strengths at the other end of the ice. He is a swedish center, sound defense is second nature.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad