GDT: Wild @ Capitals | 1/17/23 | 7:00p ET

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Just back from the game. Haven’t read any of thread, but I will say we deserved better than that. Dominated the third. Good chances. No puck luck. so it goes. I’ll take that effort every night. Will win more games than you lose.
Not good enough. PP is 0-13 slump stretched over 6 games.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Not sure he deserved that honestly. I thought he was much better last game.
Mantha makes $5.7 million and he's not producing where he should be. With the talent he has, he should be putting up points regularly, whether he plays on a 1st, 2nd or 3rd line. I might add Vrana wasn't much different as he was a very streaky goal scorer but not much more. Mantha has a 2-way game, but it seems his will and determination disappear too much.

Reactions: Neil Racki

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Without looking at data… they got to be one of the worst teams when attacking with an empty net. They just have such bad possession a lot. They’d be better off keeping goalie in.
I don't have to be a hockey expert to know why they are so terrible at it. The Caps just execute perimeter play when playing 6 on 5 to try to tie the game up. It goes back to their poor execution and coaching of their PP. If you want to score goals, sometimes you need to get gritty and go to the hard areas to score goals!

Jags

Mildly Disturbed
May 5, 2016
Central Florida
You know may hockey games I've watched a team lose when it dominated for the majority of the game to lose on puck luck. Or perhaps better goalieing take your pick there.

That happens sometimes, no doubt about it. But it's also true that you increase your "puck luck" greatly by getting to the net more and shooting more. Those little accidental bounces and misdirects come from screens, lots of bodies in front, and opportune shots.

They won the puck luck battle tonight, partly because they were a bit luckier and partly because they did more of the things that generate that luck.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
That happens sometimes, no doubt about it. But it's also true that you increase your "puck luck" greatly by getting to the net more and shooting more. Those little accidental bounces and misdirects come from screens, lots of bodies in front, and opportune shots.

They won the puck luck battle tonight, partly because they were a bit luckier and partly because they did more of the things that generate that luck.
Probably agree to disagree here respectfully. Feels like a win/loss type bias for both of us, imho.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Tired of excuses. Three losses in last four games.
Some times the puck doesn’t bounce your way. Minnesota had three goals that were seeing eye shots from the point. The Caps had 17 high danger chances to 4 for the Wild. Washington dominated the game but was unlucky. 9 out of 10 times this is a stress-free two points. It happens. That’s not an excuse — that’s the reality of the sport.

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
Well they better do something because they are slipping out of the playoffs pretty quick.
We go on runs, good 10-15 game streak .. then the pit of despair for a month .. then back to a winning streak

Roller coaster is just on a downward swing

Only constant? A 1st round exit.

-----------

Lavi was on the junkies this morning. Asked if anyone yells or gets on Ovie .. he said not really, he said the russians talk/yell a lot to each other on the ice/practice

Said we have 14 forwards for 12 spots, will rotate guys as needed

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
We go on runs, good 10-15 game streak .. then the pit of despair for a month .. then back to a winning streak

Roller coaster is just on a downward swing

Only constant? A 1st round exit.

-----------

Lavi was on the junkies this morning. Asked if anyone yells or gets on Ovie .. he said not really, he said the russians talk/yell a lot to each other on the ice/practice

Said we have 14 forwards for 12 spots, will rotate guys as needed
I thought they played quite well over the past 4 periods or so, and even against the Flyers in that second game. Just didn't get the results. I don't think this pit will be a month. I think/hope they're finding their legs again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad