GDT: Wild @ Capitals | 1/17/23 | 7:00p ET

McVechkin

Jun 29, 2015
Without looking at data… they got to be one of the worst teams when attacking with an empty net. They just have such bad possession a lot. They’d be better off keeping goalie in.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
1674009314642.png

Tough pill to swallow.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
When we depend on ANYTHINGM Blaine Forsythe runs we are toast. We have probably the least dangerous 6 on 5 to go along with our bottom half PP. Can anyone even remember the last 6 on 5 dangerous opportunity we’ve had (forget a goal)?

Reactions: PlushMinus

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
3-5 so far in 2023. Not going to cut it to make playoffs.

I don't care either way. When Ovy breaks the record and retires, I'm done with the NHL. I'll always be a Caps fan, but I've experienced everything there is as a fan and this league is not good anymore. The magic just isn't there anymore. I expect it will be like Olympic hockey in five years.

PlushMinus

Nov 18, 2021
I don't care either way. When Ovy breaks the record and retires, I'm done with the NHL. I'll always be a Caps fan, but I've experienced everything there is as a fan and this league is not good anymore. The magic just isn't there anymore. I expect it will be like Olympic hockey in five years.
Interesting viewpoint and I kind of agree. The game is definitely less enjoyable for me with each passing year. I always watch most of the Caps games but at times I find myself zoning out and not really paying much attention. And I'm watching less of other team's games.

I get more enjoyment out of watching the highlights from individual games. Still plenty of goals, saves, plays to admire, but all of the in between stuff is kind of boring, especially since there is hardly any actual hitting anymore.

Reactions: IafrateOvie34

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Interesting viewpoint and I kind of agree. The game is definitely less enjoyable for me with each passing year. I always watch most of the Caps games but at times I find myself zoning out and not really paying much attention. And I'm watching less of other team's games.

I get more enjoyment out of watching the highlights from individual games. Still plenty of goals, saves, plays to admire, but all of the in between stuff is kind of boring, especially since there is hardly any actual hitting anymore.

Yep, I'll still watch the Caps and can't leave them, but for the NHL that is another thing. Hockey is hockey and I can have fun at a youth league to the College ranks. Caps are like a lifelong friend or my case they are. They entered the league months before I was born and I fell in love with them as a young kid. The days of stressing over play and such are over though. I learned when you get older you can only stress over things you can control. Imho, nothing will in sports will ever match 2018. I remember being 16 and thinking what if the Caps had a Gretzky type player and we've had the complete package in Ovy. There will never be a pure goal scorer like him with hitting ability and the imho the NHL neutered his hitting ability thanks to Pen's fans and NBCS.

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
Just back from the game. Haven’t read any of thread, but I will say we deserved better than that. Dominated the third. Good chances. No puck luck. so it goes. I’ll take that effort every night. Will win more games than you lose.

Reactions: Calicaps

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad