GDT: Wild @ Capitals | 1/17/23 | 7:00p ET

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
Lavi presser coming up at 4:30pm. So we’ll know more then About Dowd (and lineys). But can’t see why you would change anything other than putting Eller in at 4C for Dowd.

Also, looking at fancy stats from last night, Irwin was last in terms of rating. And he was last in the Philly home game as well. Get Alexyev in there!

Reactions: Neil Racki

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010

Attachments

• stupid pig.jpeg
    stupid pig.jpeg
    7.2 KB · Views: 2

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
I don’t mind the idea of those lines except I wish Sheary and NAK were reversed.

Still I give Laviolette a B+

Jags

Mildly Disturbed
May 5, 2016
Central Florida
We were bagging on Mantha a bit while watching the game last night, but the majority of the knocks were on all the near-miss passes and shots. All true, but it also bears mentioning (at least from the eye test) that that means when he's on the ice we're creating chances, so at least there's that.

I'm kinda torn on what to do there. His overall metrics show that there's definitely something there. I wouldn't be sad if they dealt him, but I also don't think the market for him will be all that attractive. If we rode it out, he might be looking at a smaller cap hit. Mantha at a smaller number wouldn't suck.

SecretaryofDefense5

Mar 20, 2022
Washington DC
We were bagging on Mantha a bit while watching the game last night, but the majority of the knocks were on all the near-miss passes and shots. All true, but it also bears mentioning (at least from the eye test) that that means when he's on the ice we're creating chances, so at least there's that.

I'm kinda torn on what to do there. His overall metrics show that there's definitely something there. I wouldn't be sad if they dealt him, but I also don't think the market for him will be all that attractive. If we rode it out, he might be looking at a smaller cap hit. Mantha at a smaller number wouldn't suck.
True but would he want to come back at this point.

Even the beat writers are lost on these lines. I love it haha

HeyMattyB

Sports bring out the worst in everyone.
Aug 20, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
I spent the last five days at a relatively secluded cabin in the Adirondacks (just south of Lake Placid), where all I did was read books, work on writing/music projects, cook, bake, and tend to the fire in the pot-bellied stove while staying offline and completely ignoring sports.

I got home an hour ago and thought to myself, "I'd be really great if I could keep that going. Just keep reading, writing, cooking, baking, staying offline, and ignoring sports." Then I saw that the Caps were playing tonight, and here I am.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad